Water logged female duck

piggirl19

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
IN PET LAND! :D

I have a water logged female duck and there is snow outside ideas about why water is clingy to her instead of falling of her? Totally confused?! She inside in my kitchen drying off right now

Are any of the other birds being affected? Has she had access to swimming water lately?

Nope there little pool froze up and no one else has the water logging problem she was cold so brought her in to warm up her feet and she decided to take a bath but none of the water fell off of her . She lays every other now since its cold she laid one yesterday but not today and I don't think she is molting yet no feathers came out other than like 2 or 3 wen she had her bath

Nope there little pool froze up and no one else has the water logging problem she was cold so brought her in to warm up her feet and she decided to take a bath but none of the water fell off of her . She lays every other now since its cold she laid one yesterday but not today and I don't think she is molting yet no feathers came out other than like 2 or 3 wen she had her bath

What's her age? my older girls don't repel water anymore like they did when younger.

Um where is that located?
On top of her body go down where back end and tail begins pull fathers apart and you'll see the little raised up round flesh that's the oil gland may even have some yellow on it. I have used a nice warm wet wash cloth before as a compress on my ducks gland.

On ducklings, you can really see it. Of course that doesn't help you now! Here's a link: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/474593/preen-gland

Interestingly, that article discusses Vitamin D... So might be a good time to evaluate your feed to be sure it contains a good balance of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. You might even consider adding vitamins to her drinking water for a few days at least.

Back
Top Bottom