water system for quail

Team01

Chirping
Mar 8, 2023
I'm trying to get some ideas for self water system. I have three tier and two tier cages . Can someone send me there ideas of a water system and what to use

Just need something simple that doesn't cost alot. Don't need it heated as our winter is not that bad on the central coast of California
My current setup is a 3 tier cage with a 5 gallon bucket sitting on top. The bucket feeds 5/8" hose that goes to these: https://quailcage.com/drinkers/68-drinkers-quail-drinkers-float-cups-10.html , which are clipped to the outside of the cage where the birds can still reach them.
I plan to build more cages on a different property in the near future. I'll be using a bigger container and probably PVC. I haven't decided if I'm going to use the same cups, different cups or maybe the nipple type waterers. I may try a variety to see which the birds prefer.

My current setup is a 3 tier cage with a 5 gallon bucket sitting on top. The bucket feeds 5/8" hose that goes to these: https://quailcage.com/drinkers/68-drinkers-quail-drinkers-float-cups-10.html , which are clipped to the outside of the cage where the birds can still reach them.
I plan to build more cages on a different property in the near future. I'll be using a bigger container and probably PVC. I haven't decided if I'm going to use the same cups, different cups or maybe the nipple type waterers. I may try a variety to see which the birds prefer.
Is it 5/8 or is the hose smaller by looking were the hose goes 5/8 looks to big

I use horizontal nipples into 1/2” outer diameter/ 3/8” inner food grade vinyl tube. Drill a 1/2” hole through a board (5/8” pine scrap in this case).
A little teflon tape on the nipple threads doesn’t hurt in case you’re not pefect with that drill bit through the wood. Wire the wood to the cage inside. Once twice a year I have to pull one and cut half an inch of the tube where the nipple has worn the vinyl till it leaks.
Cheap and simple.

Attachments

• 647D7E92-D916-4B02-855E-F1D80537ABAB.jpeg
    647D7E92-D916-4B02-855E-F1D80537ABAB.jpeg
    723 KB · Views: 14
  • 5177E3E7-6893-4D76-85FA-4A8FEB3EFBDD.jpeg
    5177E3E7-6893-4D76-85FA-4A8FEB3EFBDD.jpeg
    578.9 KB · Views: 14
I found a very customizable watering system that could be hooked onto anything, it's very cheap, and from a small farm. Customizable (automatic) watering system :D I'm going to buy 6, they give you an extra one, it also has two parts, the base (easy), and the inside cup, so you take the inside cup out when it gets dirty :D. It's AWESOME! really recommend it!! Will be good for anything :D (wathcing the video on website explains)

I found a very customizable watering system that could be hooked onto anything, it's very cheap, and from a small farm. Customizable (automatic) watering system :D I'm going to buy 6, they give you an extra one, it also has two parts, the base (easy), and the inside cup, so you take the inside cup out when it gets dirty :D. It's AWESOME! really recommend it!! Will be good for anything :D (wathcing the video on website explains)
Looks workable, not bad. Also looks like at least weekly cleaning.

You have to be careful with these designs. I got the same ones and if you don’t do it exactly right it will leak and fill your enclosure with water.

Back
Top Bottom