Foamy poop

YWoody

Chirping
Jun 5, 2023
Hello All! :frow

My little 6 quail flock are 7 & 8 weeks old now. Five hens & one Roo. They have been in their Aviary for 3 weeks now and have been tolerating the 100+ degree weather very well; with the help of a fan and near-by mister system. They seem to all be doing great and I get 4 eggs daily now without fail (so only one of my hens is not laying yet). They have ample water with an automatic (gravity) watering system & plenty of shade. I rake out their aviary & clean their watering cups every evening.
They all seem healthy and active, however, at least one of them has thin foamy poop for 2 days now. Based on the number of foamy poops, I'm speculating that it's only one quail. Can someone please tell me what this might indicate?

Hello All! :frow

My little 6 quail flock are 7 & 8 weeks old now. Five hens & one Roo. They have been in their Aviary for 3 weeks now and have been tolerating the 100+ degree weather very well; with the help of a fan and near-by mister system. They seem to all be doing great and I get 4 eggs daily now without fail (so only one of my hens is not laying yet). They have ample water with an automatic (gravity) watering system & plenty of shade. I rake out their aviary & clean their watering cups every evening.
They all seem healthy and active, however, at least one of them has thin foamy poop for 2 days now. Based on the number of foamy poops, I'm speculating that it's only one quail. Can someone please tell me what this might indicate?
Would you possibly be able to get some pics of the poop so it’s easier to tell what it might be?

Yah, I wish I would have thought to get a pic yesterday... but I will try to get one this evening.
Majority of the aviary ground is sand, so I can only really capture a good pic when the poop is on the ramp, the flagstone or wooden box. But I will post it when I have one.

Thank you both for that feedback...that's interesting because a local breeder that I asked about this said the same thing; (he has not seen a picture either), he said... "it's likely not poop", & he added, "that's probably from your male".
But I sort of dismissed it because it's definitely poop! just normal colored but foamy poop.

IF that IS the case, WHAT A RELIEF that will be! I was worried that someone was sick!
But if I can get a pic, I will post it.

Back
Top Bottom