waterers

Discussion in 'Quail' started by alcina_dreamer, Jul 25, 2010.

1. alcina_dreamer

alcina_dreamer Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    georgia
    what do you use to water your quail? I'm having a hard time finding a waterer my quail will not kill each other in.

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quail Fonts..... Tsc Carries Them As Does Many Feed Stores. They Look Similar To Regular Water Fonts But The Trough Is Only A 1/2 Or So Wide So It Is Difficult For The Lil Boogers To Get In There And Get Wet.

3. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    http://www.poultrymansupply.com/2007Waterers.htm ....................... 4th row down ............. middle item (qt. quail chick waterer). No drowning with this one. (I think this is what JJMR is talking about.) I use them with no drowning problems.

4. chasing ducks

chasing ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I use a regular quart waterer but have the base filled with stones so they can't drown, works well so far.

5. ourflockof4

ourflockof4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Northern Ohio
    What about nipple waterers? I thought that I had seen some people using them for quail in the past, anyone have any luck with them?

6. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    I use water bottles...like the ones a rabbit or hamster would use.

7. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    wow! water bottles would be so great! I need to try those. My quail are part duck by how much they splash out their water!

8. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    I use a dish about 8' round and an inch or so deep and I have stones in it. My quail love it. I catch them splashing water on themselves since it's so hot here in the desert. My finches use it to bathe in also even though they have their own. They like this one because it's on the ground I guess.

9. watersoflethe

watersoflethe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Corona/Mira Loma CA
    i just use one of those gallon plastic waterers with the red bottoms. they are set upon 2 bricks and its just at the height of the quail's heads so they dont spill any nor drown. they also dont kick any bedding in so the water is kept extremely clean. i dont have to replace it very often. but now it being so hot i replace it everyday... [​IMG]

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    For my adult buttons I use a quart chick waterer. For the babies a jar lid. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by