Watery Droppings???

salt and pepper

Songster
7 Years
Oct 21, 2012
North Georgia Mountains
My hen's droppings have been really watery today. it's not the ceacal dropping, as this one looks like it has thick water mixed with loose stools. She is acting fine, and is still active, and laying well. Is she OK?

They can be many things attributed to watery stool. Many are short lived and nothing comes of it though. If you hit a warm spell the extra water a chicken takes in can be the cause.

However this can be an indication of a sickness. It will likely pass within a day but just do your do diligence and watch her for a day or so.

Wish you the best.

They can be many things attributed to watery stool. Many are short lived and nothing comes of it though. If you hit a warm spell the extra water a chicken takes in can be the cause.

However this can be an indication of a sickness. It will likely pass within a day but just do your do diligence and watch her for a day or so.

Wish you the best.

Thank you, I have seen the odd one, but I got two from the same hen today. It kinda stuck to her feathers, so they aren't clean any more, but it doesn't smell bad.

Thank you, it didn't stink, and her vent defiantly isn't that messed up. I'll check how red her vent is in the morning. She is acting normal as well, I'll see what the dropping are under the roost, and keep an eye out for her.

Check her crop in the morning before she eats. Can you post a picture of her droppings?
her crop is full fight now, I'll check it in the morning. No, I can't post a picture, but it looks like really loose stools mixed with what looks like egg whites. Could it be from laying too many eggs? She lays two eggs a day, for 12 days in a row.

Back
Top Bottom