Watery GREEN POOP- DESPERATE- third SICK!

So I had three hens that all died of Marecks. The funny thing about that disease is that it manifests itself in all sorts of ways. In one chicken, she stopped producing eggs and barely digested her food and barely had any poo on the roost for the last week of her life. After the necropsy, we found that she had all sorts of internal organ malfunction. Green poo was definitely one of her symptoms though. She pulled through one episode of being sick but then relapsed a month later and eventually passed. If anyone wants and if it would be helpful, I can send them the reports for my hens that died of that disease.

So I had three hens that all died of Marecks. The funny thing about that disease is that it manifests itself in all sorts of ways. In one chicken, she stopped producing eggs and barely digested her food and barely had any poo on the roost for the last week of her life. After the necropsy, we found that she had all sorts of internal organ malfunction. Green poo was definitely one of her symptoms though. She pulled through one episode of being sick but then relapsed a month later and eventually passed. If anyone wants and if it would be helpful, I can send them the reports for my hens that died of that disease.

I had a similar story in august, sick ,then better, then passed.I'm worried it's starting up again. I'm curious if you vaccinate now that you had it on your property? Seems like it hangs around

Hi all-
PLEEEEEZE help! Just QUARANTINES the third with Green poop-...

1. I've lost two to this in the past couple weeks....

2. noticable Weight loss, watery poo, with GREEN crumbles, poos is it...

3. Two weeks almost three lost my showgirl roo...Just lost my showgirl pullet
today...after tube feeding for 5 days....She died while I was pumping her
stomach as a last resort!
lastly she was on OXYTET 343.

4. Now my WHITE SILKIE ROO- AKA best friend...that shared the coop with her
until quarantine is now pooping green- he's been on Oxytet for two days now...

5. I HAVE WORMER...will use though so SIGNS of worms.

6. I have meds for cocci....Amprol and Sulfamet.
&. I am at a complete loss....My mind is a jumble of possible diseases....!
ANY IDEAS-

Kim:(
Look up Newcastle Disease symptoms.

I’d like to see your reports. I had 2 girls die last year and the necropsy on the second one showed she had marek’s and coccidia. I don’t know which killed them or if it was a combination. Now a third bird from that flock is having similar symptoms (lethargic, low appetite, green diarrhea, only difference is milky white liquid with the green diarrhea) and doesn’t seem to be responding to corid. So I don’t know if maybe it’s just the marek’s.

I have a great big Cornish Cross rooster. He now has green watery poo and I think he may have lost some weight. He also hurt his leg a couple weeks ago. Could the green poo juat be from dehydration ? I've seen him eat and drink but maybe he isn't getting enough?

A symptom of fatty liver is green poop. Fatty liver is often caused by caloric surplus (eating a higher-energy-than-necessary diet). Keep an eye out for ruffled feathers, lack of appetite, and lethargy. Re-examine nutritional requirements and adjust feed.
I have the same symptoms in my hen water dropping with green solids ,Ruffled feathers, only drinking water nothing like to eat ,loosing weight and lethargic. I am giving her enrofloxicin antibiotic. I dewormed her by albendazole yesterday.But didn't get any improvement . Please advise causes and treatment.

Boomblefoot is a terrible condition that leads to many other problems. Vets (and owners) make huge mistake that they do not do lab tests but assume it is only bacterial. Bumblefoot can also contain fungus and no amount of antibiotics will do any good. So you have to know exactly what is the cause of the bumblefoot. Another mistake is that people use greasy trippleantibiotic oitments. It might be good for only very early stages of bumblefoot when damage is topical but for advanced stages of bumblefoot surgery is necessary to remove the scab barier. I do not suggset people cut chickens' feet because they might cause more damage. Qualified avian vet is a must. There are many vets that consider themselves avian but they do not know a thing about curing bumblefoot. The wound must be cleaned by qualified avian vet and greasy TOPICAL oitments are a big NO. CLEANED wound must be "sticky" and protected from reintroduction of dirt.. Medical grade manuka honey works very well. One product out there is Therahoney. Make sure Therahoney is not subjected to low temperatures as it tends to cristalize and then is not as good. Flowing, golden Therahoney is what you need. Apply to the wound but not too deep and wrap. It is a difficult task as it needs to be done twice a say. But all of this only if your vet cleaned the wound correctly. That is from the outside but from the inside correct medications should be administered. If liquid medicine is prescribed we load gel capsules with medications and try to trick a bird to swallow the capsule(s) or skilfully open beak and put capsule(s) there. Trying to squirt medicine directly into bird's throat might cause too much stress on a bird. Bandages must also be very cushy because a wound will not heal if your chicken walks on it. Do not believe all these claims on Utube that bumbleffor will heal in one week. More like one or two months of proper care is what is needed depending how severe the bumblefoot was. If you asume the infection is only bacterial and you kill all bacteria but leave fungus behid, fungus will explode inside of the wound because it does not need to compete with bacteria anymore.
Chicken feet are not designed for hard surfaces, Chickens tend to claim as high as possible without thinking how to come down. Then tthey have to jump and if they land on hard surface they will scratch their skin - the beginiing of bumblefoot. By the time you notice something like limping, bumblefoot has already established. Chickens must be provided ways to walk down from high places instead of being forced to jump and land hard. This is especially true for heavier breeds.
Change vets if yours is guessing - period !

Back
Top Bottom