Watery stool with blood and weight loss

Sheissoblond

Chirping
Apr 21, 2020
So I’m thinking parasites here. I noticed my silkie was off yesterday when my silkie roo did his business with her and she was in her side doing the death roll. I though he might have snapped her neck but I saw she was breathing but couldn’t get up. I picked her up and she is skin and bones. I feel awful for not noticing sooner but she’s always been one to hide and she’s so fluffy I couldn’t see the weight loss. I brought her inside for some r and r and gave her some moistened food with vitamins in it. She pooped and it doesn’t look normal at all. I’m kinda concerned that she’s too far gone to help since she is literally skin and bones. I did notice she has some mites but now I’m hesitant to spray her seeing as she’s not well. She’s unsteady on her feet which I would imagine is because she’s thin. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 3
Have a fecal run to determine if she has worms, keep her away from the rooster, feed a grower diet fortified with protein. How heavy is the mite infestation. If extremely heavy she may be anemic, and it may be necessary to rid her of them even if her condition is iffy.

Back
Top Bottom