Watery, white discharge in eye

CrazzyFarmLady

Hatching
Jul 21, 2023
While tending the chickens and ducks, my son noticed something wrong with his ducks eye. I've seen something called foaming eye, but it's not foaming. I'm not if it's still that, or something else. It seems very watery and has some white hard, booger looking substance. It's only in the one eye.

Attachments

• 20230720_171113.jpg
    20230720_171113.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230720_171118.jpg
    20230720_171118.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 7
Looks like an infection. Give the eye a warm saline solution which you can make yourself and see how the eye goes. Also apply terramycin ointment around the eye. If possible I'd take the duck to a vet etc.. it seems unusual.

we are trying to figure out why our ducks eye has become light brown around the eye. we are thinking maybe its the beddings we are using? we thought it was getting better last night, but this morning when we let him out of the coop, his eye is more brown around his eye again, and we had just changed the bedding in the coop the night before. we just use premium pine shavings, not sure if ducks are allergic to certain wood or if we should be using a different type of bedding? thank you!

Back
Top Bottom