Wazine and Eggs (worm medicine)

Quote:
I live on Vancouver Island, it doesn't ever get cold enough here !! so...... that being said, probably every 6 months here maybe??

Another question,
if you can't eat eggs after using this first dose, having to wait 14 day,,how come you dont have to wait to eat eggs after second dose on day 14?

Perfect timing y'all! My questions exactly! Thanks for all the time you folks spend helping others out!

I have 5 hens total. Just bought them last year (my first)....one came with frayed feathers and she's so thin. The lady I bought from said it was b/c she was fixing to molt. Well, she's not had a molt, and the feathers are still frayed. She's been laying soft shell eggs after months of being very regular.

I've tried most of the suggestions to boost her health to no avail, so I'm thinking perhaps it's worms.

Should I worm all the girls, or just those that seem to need it? Thanks again!!!

Quote:
Yes you have to wait for another 14 days of withdraw of eggs after 2nd worming.
believer01 I would start with the wazine then follow 10-14 days later with a 2nd wormer like safeguard paste a pea size on a piece of bread for each chicken. have checked for lice/mites on your hen. Good luck.

Quote:
I too, upon doing some research, found this old but still relevant thread. I treated yesterday with wayzine after noticing a Roo I have had for three weeks is acting lethargic. He is eating and drinking some, but not mating or crowing and seems a little light even for a silkie. I understand I need to follow up in 10 days, I plan on using safeguard paste. My question is, am I in time to save my Roo? Can I do anything more for him while waiting to retreat him to get him back to good health? How long after the 10 day follow up can I expect to see an improvement in him, so I know if I am on the right track with him? (I checked and dusted the entire flock with seven dust, and the coop/nest boxes,and did the 10 day follow up with that, but just my 7 week olds had lice, I suspect because they are not yet dust bathing as the rest of my mature flock does)

IF he has worms, you should see improvement within 3-5 days after wazine use. I recommend you give him some scrambled egg mixed with buttermilk to eat for several days. The scambled egg provides extra protein and the buttermilk is a probiotic. When use dose your silkie roo with safeguard paste, I recommend you use a small "pea" size dose instead of a regular pea sized dose.

Quote:
Thank You for all your help! I have been following your advice. My Roo is eating&drinking well, and he is crowing again, and doing his dance for the ladies, lol.

Now I hope he will start to gain his weight back, and I notice he still falls asleep while standing up, sometimes?

I do the Safeguard paste on May 17, hate waiting
hmm.png

One more question please
big_smile.png

All my hens are housed together, so I did not know who was laying, and who was not, until I started seperating pairs for breeding. I have a Hen who is neither broody or in molt, and I purchased her with my Roo. I assume she has worms too, since they were purchased from the same breeder, together, although she does not show any symtoms(I did go ahead and worm my entire flock). Will a worm infestation prevent a hen from laying?

Quote:
Thank You for all your help! I have been following your advice. My Roo is eating&drinking well, and he is crowing again, and doing his dance for the ladies, lol.

Now I hope he will start to gain his weight back, and I notice he still falls asleep while standing up, sometimes?

hmm.png

One more question please
big_smile.png

All my hens are housed together, so I did not know who was laying, and who was not, until I started seperating pairs for breeding. I have a Hen who is neither broody or in molt, and I purchased her with my Roo. I assume she has worms too, since they were purchased from the same breeder, together, although she does not show any symtoms(I did go ahead and worm my entire flock). Will a worm infestation prevent a hen from laying?

I'm glad you wormed them all. Yes, a bad worm infestation can prevent a hen from laying, just too weak from the lack of nutrients. Again, scrambled eggs mixed with buttermilk will help build their strength and immune systems.

Quote:

hmm.png

One more question please
big_smile.png

I'm glad you wormed them all. Yes, a bad worm infestation can prevent a hen from laying, just too weak from the lack of nutrients. Again, scrambled eggs mixed with buttermilk will help build their strength and immune systems.

Thank you again for your help!

Hello Dawg53. I just found this thread, and am very glad I did. Could you tell more about the other wormers you have tried after using the wazine first, and also....do have an online supplier that you use? I too am a fan of SpeckledHen....have been researching for advice on coccisidiosis as some chicks I bought Tuesday have it, and her information will be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom