We are getting 3 doz a day eggs.. EGG recipes please!

Here's a pickled egg recipe for ya.

Pickled Egg Recipe

2 dozen hard boiled eggs (peeled)
4 cups vinegar
1 jar or can jalapenos
1 onion
1 cup water
1 tablespoon tabasco
1 tablespoon salt

Bring ingredients to a boil. In sealable jar pour over peeled eggs. Let sit for 3 days to 3 months. Shake onece a day while chanting "Yah--eggs are great, eh?".

Serve with salt, pepper, & Tabasco (optional)

Cinammon bread pudding

6 eggs
1 quart half and half
1 c. sugar
1-2 Tablespoons vanilla...or more
1 loaf cinnamon raisen bred.
You can add some more cinammon, cloves, ginger, to taste.

Grease (I use Pam) a baking dish, either a 13 x 9, or a deep dish casserole dish. Tear up the bread into small pieces, put in pan. Mix rest of the ingredients, pour over bread. Bake for an hour at 350 degrees.

Yum....

We are getting 3 doz a day eggs

Oh suuuuure... rub it in!
tongue2.gif

Tired of quiche! How can you say that! If I run across any good recipes in the future (if mine ever start laying LOL) I'll be sure to post
wink.png

Sorry guys I didn't mean to rub it in... It it makes you feel any better they are EATING like crazy to lay that much/ LOL

How do you make your quiche? I can use around a dozen eggs in mine. This is what I usually make to give folks that need a meal, due to illness or childbirth. It's good for any meal of the day, and great for new moms. I want to compile a cookbook "Meals You Can Eat With One Hand" for nursing mothers.

I take a pie pan, line it with crust, and cover the bottom with chopped or sliced raw carrots. Then take a box of frozen chopped spinach (or chopped broccoli), thaw & squeeze out water, and add 8-12 eggs & about 1/4 - 1/2 C milk. And 1-2 T of a seasoned salt called Spike. Whip that up all together & pour into pie pan. Bake until firmly set, and melt cheese over the top.

The Delightful Dozen are giving us >dozen every two days. And the folks I am selling/giving to don't need very many. I have been reluctant to "exapand" my base because they should slow down soon - but with 8 dozen in the fridge today I am not sure what to do...LOL

Back
Top Bottom