We (DuramaxGirl & DoubleTake) are starting up the Bators! First Hatch This Year! Starting 1/18/2012!

Definitely a small world. I'm currently in Hayden, but I have been developing some property in the Rathdrum area, close to Athol. I got Silverwood season passes for Christmas, since we'll be so close by.

What chicken breeds do you raise? I have mostly bantams: cuckoo silkies, seramas, and ameracaunas. My regular birds are Wheaten Marans and Blue Splash Marans, plus 1 EE. I need to get my flock built back up. I plan to add more Marans, and some Orps in different colors. I wish I could have some of every kind of chicken, lol. If only money were no object...

I also have some Muscovy ducks, and I really like them. Hoping to add some peafowl next week. I also have a small herd of dwarf nigies. Hopefully, there will be some spring kids coming!
My DH lived in Hayden before I married and drug him up here ;) Do you have any pics of your ducks? I haven't been to silverwood in 15 years! Wow I'm getting old. Have fun with those passes. I'm still perfecting the humidity in my bator. I plan on setting tonight. Yay! Looking forward to chickies!

So, I got the temp stable at 100.6 for 48 hours and set the eggs this morning at 9:30. So far, it's been in between 100.2 and 100.6 all day. It went down about 2 degrees after I put them in, but stabilized within an hour. I was surprised when it didn't fluctuate at all when I turned them! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes ok! Thank you all for the advice!

So, I got the temp stable at 100.6 for 48 hours and set the eggs this morning at 9:30.  So far, it's been in between 100.2 and 100.6 all day.  It went down about 2 degrees after I put them in, but stabilized within an hour.  I was surprised when it didn't fluctuate at all when I turned them!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes ok!  Thank you all for the advice!

Yay!!! Here we alllllll go! This is gonna be fun! Fingers crossed!

fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I'm excited!!

So, I got the temp stable at 100.6 for 48 hours and set the eggs this morning at 9:30.  So far, it's been in between 100.2 and 100.6 all day.  It went down about 2 degrees after I put them in, but stabilized within an hour.  I was surprised when it didn't fluctuate at all when I turned them!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes ok!  Thank you all for the advice!

Way to go! Looking good!

It is SO COOL being able to candle a duck egg (nice, white shell so everything is very clear) and being able to see a heartbeat! Eeeee! Itty bitty ducky is aliiiiiiiive!

Sweet did you take any pics of the candling?? Leghorn eggs are awesome to candle as well!! Congrats on the lil baby!

I set my eggs last night! BCMs and BLRWs. So far all is good. February 8th won't get here soon enough! I'll probably candle in a few days.. Because I can't help myself ;) I did get 2 pullet eggs so my new blrws are laying now! Yippee! DH is building me some new nesting boxes right now because I currently only have 2 in that coop.

But.... Its still snowing out there. I'm tired of the snow.

My DH lived in Hayden before I married and drug him up here
wink.png

Do you have any pics of your ducks?
I haven't been to silverwood in 15 years! Wow I'm getting old. Have fun with those passes.
I'm still perfecting the humidity in my bator. I plan on setting tonight. Yay! Looking forward to chickies!

I don't think that I have any pics of the ducks. It's usually the goats that get photographed the most, lol. My 'scovy drake is black and white, one of the hens is black and white, also, and her previous owner said that she had some barring when she was younger. The other hen is white with blue eyes. Quite pretty, and broody as all get out. Unfortunately, she hasn't been very successful. I hope she does better this spring. The main reason I got them was because of their supposed skill in the brooding department
hu.gif
. They are nice to have around, in that they are very quiet and not spazzy at all. They are easy to catch with a fishing net, but the drake is big enough to give me some hell when I catch him. Were you looking for eggs or ducklings?

Back
Top Bottom