We Found A Duck's Nest, Lil Help please! *pics*

kysilkies

Songster
10 Years
May 3, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
We've been collecting eggs, from various places, for a couple of weeks and today I was showing my wife where I found one outside the coop and she finds a nest!...We have 1 Muscovy and 1 Khaki Campbell, can you tell which this this would be more indicative of?...And is under the plastic where I'm sure it gets very hot a good place, or should we move them, or bring inside to bator?!?...We're concerned it's so hot and humid under there the eggs won't do well if she's not on them and if she is, she'll cook under there...Thoughts?...

Outside view:

30142_0606_nest1.jpg

Close up:

30142_0606_nest2.jpg

Last edited:
From the look of them I think it could be either of the possibilities.
If you want to let her hatch them you could provide shade for the nest as it sits without touching anything.
You could put an umbrella up or something like that.
If you move them she will probably not reclaim the nest.

My two cents.
big_smile.png

We're going to build her a little roof as it's just too cute to disrupt, thanx for the .02, regardless of the economy, it was worth a lot more than that to us!

It looks like you may have 1 Muscovy egg in the middle there. Muscovy eggs are more waxxy feeling & some of my girls lay darker eggs too. maybe they're both laying there? cute nest though
tongue.png
& a roof is a good idea the plastic probably would heat them up too much on those warm days.

Back
Top Bottom