We Quit Cigarettes

Yeah, Miss Sunshine passed Sunday afternoon at home. It was a rough few days with very little sleep and there was a blizzard and all the roads were closed and none of the vets were open. We knew it was coming and she was almost 15 with cancer, but it doesn't make it any easier. She was a big part of my life for a lot of years.
She is playing with her new bff Fatso.

Well probably not a lot by most people’s standards. :lau

But I cleaned/wiped down/water changed all 3 fish tanks today (which involved a lot of back and forth with only one small water container and low tanks 😂), fed and watered both groups of chickens (I swear they eat and drink so much :th ), got all the eggs & cleaned/washed them all, let the chickens out & locked them back up, refilled the cat food, changed the litter box, brought the full kitchen scraps bin up to the compost pile on the hill and dumped it (far far away from the chickens, not to worry), etc.

Now I’m chilling with the cat for a sec but about to go clean up my room a bit and put some laundry away.

Oh plus the appointment and of course making myself lunch (an omelette), showering and brushing teeth and hair and all that basic stuff haha

What!?

Keep eating that popcorn and the 10# challenge will be toast! :lau
Surprisingly I'm doing really well with my eating.
This week is the week that I normally eat the most junk food.
I haven't eaten any yet.

I think this protein kick/actually eating three meals thing that I'm on is curbing my snacking appetite.

I am almost positive I will never smoke a cigarette again.
I am 100% positive I will not get fat.

Last edited:
Well probably not a lot by most people’s standards. :lau

But I cleaned/wiped down/water changed all 3 fish tanks today (which involved a lot of back and forth with only one small water container and low tanks 😂), fed and watered both groups of chickens (I swear they eat and drink so much :th ), got all the eggs & cleaned/washed them all, let the chickens out & locked them back up, refilled the cat food, changed the litter box, brought the full kitchen scraps bin up to the compost pile on the hill and dumped it (far far away from the chickens, not to worry), etc.

Now I’m chilling with the cat for a sec but about to go clean up my room a bit and put some laundry away.

Oh plus the appointment and of course making myself lunch (an omelette), showering and brushing teeth and hair and all that basic stuff haha

What!?
This is ridiculous to me.
This type of stuff is a no-brainer it should be done every single day.

Yeah, Miss Sunshine passed Sunday afternoon at home. It was a rough few days with very little sleep and there was a blizzard and all the roads were closed and none of the vets were open. We knew it was coming and she was almost 15 with cancer, but it doesn't make it any easier. She was a big part of my life for a lot of years.
I'm so sorry. She is beautiful.
I lost my boy less than two weeks ago to a sudden stroke. This is almost too painful to write out but I wanted you to know you're not alone. It gets better. While writing this is the first time I've cried in about a week. I can't even describe how much I miss him, but it's starting to be okay.
When I want to shut down and lay in bed all day, I think "is this what Triumph would want me to be doing?" It's silly but it's true. He was the happiest dog and could pull me out of any funk. I can see the same in Miss Sunshine's eyes.
I don't know your personal struggles, but I know that you were her whole world and she is free of pain now. And I know that Triumph and Miss Sunshine are showing each other their favourite toys right now, and watching over their favourite humans. And they are finally at peace.
Hang in there. ♥️

Back
Top Bottom