She was hatched Feb. 10, so about four days old at this point. She seemed a little weak from the getgo, and unfortunately I think my attempt at fixing her legs started her downfall. I gave her a drop of Nutri Drench (mixed with just a little water because I was worried about overdosing her). If I could just get her to peck at something, some boiled egg would definitely be beneficial, but I just can’t get her to open her eyes, much less eat. I wish I could stay here, but I have to leave the house for a couple hours, but we’ll see how she is when I get home. Hopefully I can get some food in her then.
I found this one, where they are force feeding it. You can always give that a try and make sure the chick is getting water that is the most important thing.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/weak-chick-responding-well-to-force-feeding.599275/

Sorry, I forgot to update this. After I gave her the NurtriDrench, I was hoping she would perk up but had to leave the house for a couple hours. When we got home, I went to check on her, and saw that she had died sometime while we were away.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread; I've learned so much. Some chicks just don't make it, and in this case, I feel it may have been for the best. Near the end, she just wasn't happy. I was considering culling her if she didn't perk up soon.

Sorry, I forgot to update this. After I gave her the NurtriDrench, I was hoping she would perk up but had to leave the house for a couple hours. When we got home, I went to check on her, and saw that she had died sometime while we were away.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread; I've learned so much. Some chicks just don't make it, and in this case, I feel it may have been for the best. Near the end, she just wasn't happy. I was considering culling her if she didn't perk up soon.
Aww I’m so sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom