Weak chick

kirinafa

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2015
Received my chicks in the mail yesterday morning. Right from the start this silkie wasn't doing good. Couldn't stand, eat or drink. Had eyes closed most of the time. I've been hand feeding and watering her. She can't eat any solids, I've been feeding her raw egg and have tried cooked but can't get her to eat that. Now she clicks when she breathes (most likely due to me hand feeding her) and shreaks whenever she poops which is white to alittle brown.

It's been 24 hrs like this and I'm just wondering what else can I do? There's no improvement and I think she might be getting worse. Should I just let nature take its coarse? I don't want it to suffer anymore.

Last edited:
Received my chicks in the mail yesterday morning. Right from the start this silkie wasn't doing good. Couldn't stand, eat or drink. Had eyes closed most of the time. I've been hand feeding and watering her. She can't eat any solids, I've been feeding her raw egg and have tried cooked but can't get her to eat that. Now she clicks when she breathes (most likely due to me hand feeding her) and shreaks whenever she poops which is white to alittle brown.

It's been 24 hrs like this and I'm just wondering what else can I do? There's no improvement and I think she might be getting worse. Should I just let nature take its coarse? I don't want it to suffer anymore.

It's always a disappointment when there's a sick bird and nothing seems to help. I hope she survived but the clicking sound in her breathing, as do the other symptoms, sounds ominous.

The fact that she seems to be in pain when she poops isn't a good sign. Sometimes there's something wrong internally that we just can't identify/fix. I would wait to see if she declines much more, and if she does you should probably begin considering euthanization if she gets to certain point where she is suffering too much.

Back
Top Bottom