Weak/dying chicks.

I just got some grit and Nutri-Drench for our next chick shipment
1f917.png

I just wanted to let you know I got my chicks for Cackle Hatchery in Lebanon,MO today. Though it was very cold here, the chicks were is great shape. I ordered Bantam pullets, three Buff Brahma and three Red Cochin and they sent and extra Red Cochin. All are lively, doing well and eating and drinking. I highly recommend Cackle Hatchery, they have been great to work with.

Good deal.
I didnt know you have another shipment coming. Hopefully they do better. Whats coming in the next shipment? Did you order from the same place?

I have 8 assorted Sebrights and 5 assorted Cochins coming to make up for the losses. And yes, same place. I would've ordered from a closer hatchery but they don't have what I want until after April.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let you know I got my chicks for Cackle Hatchery in Lebanon,MO today.  Though it was very cold here, the chicks were is great shape.  I ordered Bantam pullets, three Buff Brahma and three Red Cochin and they sent and extra Red Cochin.  All are lively, doing well and eating and drinking.  I highly recommend Cackle Hatchery, they have been great to work with.

I wanted to order from Cackle but I can't wait until after April to get more chicks. I need them close to the same age, so the sooner the better. Glad yours are doing ok! It's been freezing here in Va. We've been in the 20-30's with very cold 20-40mph winds. 24 degrees right now. I hate having an outdoor job on days like today.

I wanted to order from Cackle but I can't wait until after April to get more chicks. I need them close to the same age, so the sooner the better. Glad yours are doing ok! It's been freezing here in Va. We've been in the 20-30's with very cold 20-40mph winds. 24 degrees right now. I hate having an outdoor job on days like today.

I had wanted barred Cochin but they did not have them til later so I settled for the red ones as we show ponies and needed them ready to go outside before show season starts. Hope it goes well with you and your replacements.

I gave the Barred Rocks away so now it's just the 6 Cochins. I've switched them back to shavings and they're at it again! They're just digging..... for now. And.... one just ate a piece.
1f926.png
♂️ I'm watching them while typing this. They are happy and hyper. I'll try to get hem grit tomorrow or the day after.

Why did you order the barred rocks in the first place?
Just curious

Back
Top Bottom