Weasel in the Garage

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
My dad found a weasel in the garage. It is white with a brown tip on its tail. It jumped on his boot and looked at him and it seems pretty tame. It will scamper a few yards away from you if you get too close and does seem curious. It most likely moved into the garage because of the mice and the warmth. So I have a question. Will the weasel kill my chickens? Do I have to kill it or will it know better? 😔 The coop is about 10 yards away from the garage.
I have 14 chickens.

Could it be a ferret? Idk the legality of having a weasel as a pet in your area, but it being tame makes me think it belongs to someone. Maybe call an exotic vet in your area and see if they know of anyone who has one? Or a regular vet and see if they know any vet clinic that deals with them.

Could it be a ferret? Idk the legality of having a weasel as a pet in your area, but it being tame makes me think it belongs to someone. Maybe call an exotic vet in your area and see if they know of anyone who has one? Or a regular vet and see if they know any vet clinic that deals with them.
My dad said that it looks like a ferret but I don't think that ferrets are native in Maine. It could still be a ferret. My parents are not that interactive or talkable to so all I can do is either keep it in the garage, relocate it, or kill it. My parents would not help me out with anything else. Also if it is a ferret my friend might help me.

My dad said that it looks like a ferret but I don't think that ferrets are native in Maine. It could still be a ferret. My parents are not that interactive or talkable to so all I can do is either keep it in the garage, relocate it, or kill it. My parents would not help me out with anything else. Also if it is a ferret my friend might help me.
Maybe if it is tame, then you can post a picture of it on your local Facebook and Craigslist and see if anybody is missing it. Try and live trap it, and keep it with you for a bit to see if anybody claims it. Do you have a picture?

Most likely an Ermine in it's winter clothes.
e3a28a0a142d52459558199ce6370ddb.jpg

Yes, they will kill chickens if given the chance. I would call your local game department and ask if you/they can trap and relocate it.

Back
Top Bottom