Weed and feed

Nov 13, 2019
Another question , since my husband put weed and feed on part of the lawn and I do let my ducks free range during the day, will it harm them if they ingest any?
Thanks for all of your help.

A quick Google search brought up several website claiming Weed and Feed is responsible for, "massive bird die offs," as birds consume the granules as grit. I also read claims of damaged bird populations because of tainted water and food sources, ect.

I didn't check the reliably of the websites.

Another question , since my husband put weed and feed on part of the lawn and I do let my ducks free range during the day, will it harm them if they ingest any?
Thanks for all of your help.

It's poison.. and if you won't eat it don't let your animals forage it either.

Since you keep free range animals that forage that land.. either throw out the weed and feed (give it to someone who needs it) OR keep your animals off the land that had it used for a couple weeks.. would be MY personal suggestion.

Your ducks are natural weed and feed.. NO I would NOT risk their health allowing them to forage on recently chemically treated ground.

I'm no expert either.. just an poultry fancier with a good eye for sniffing out potential issues. While you MAY not see any fallout.. why let it build up over time as some things can.

No doubt the label says to keep ALL animals even dogs OFF that lawn.. that won't actively ingest the poison.. maybe it absorbs through skin as well.. NOT worth the RISK. ;)

Please note that what WE consider weeds like dandelions.. the birds LOVE to forage on. It's a new life and a new perspective! :wee

Hope this helps! :fl

Back
Top Bottom