Week old chicks not responding to corid.

Oct 18, 2018
Hello. I had 10 chicks, and I noticed that they had cocci. They had all the symptoms, lethargic, bloody poop, etc. So I purchased corid. They have had it in their system for 48 hours. They are still dying. Everything I read says you will see results in 24 hours. I'm down to six chicks. I'm putting one and a half teaspoons per gallon of water. What I saw was recommended for chicks. Any advise is helpful. Thanks!

If they are that sick they may not be drinking enough for the medication to work. Give them each a couple drops of straight liquid corid by mouth once a day for a couple of days along with it in their water.
My question is how did they get that sick from coccidia in a week of life? Did you hatch them out directly into a pile of crap or what? That seems extreme. You might also try mixing up the probiotic powder when you get some chick electrolytes powder to help rebuild their gut in this heat. That will give them some overall strength that they need in general.

Please update how they are too.
they are doing better. No more deaths, a few still look I'll but I'm getting some forbid in them.
My question is how did they get that sick from coccidia in a week of life? Did you hatch them out directly into a pile of crap or what? That seems extreme. You might also try mixing up the probiotic powder when you get some chick electrolytes powder to help rebuild their gut in this heat. That will give them some overall strength that they need in general.
I bought them from TSC. Once home, I gave them probiotics and electrolytes. They are in very clean and dry brooders. I clean them daily with bleach water. But as far as when I got them from TSC, they may have not had that care.

Just a thought, are you also doing medicated feed with the Corid? My poultry vet recommended doing that. In addition, when I was recently treating my 4 chicks for cocci she recommend that I mix some of their medicated feed with some Corid solution a couple times a day and offer it. They love the moist feed and it gets the Corid solution into them.

they are doing better. No more deaths, a few still look I'll but I'm getting some forbid in them.
I bought them from TSC. Once home, I gave them probiotics and electrolytes. They are in very clean and dry brooders. I clean them daily with bleach water. But as far as when I got them from TSC, they may have not had that care.
Oh I didn’t mean that you were giving them bad or unclean care. I think I missed the TSC part or at least what I must have missed out on is how their age is one week got them coccidia so bad. I shouldn’t be comparing mine at home’s one week old situation to another one’s situation I guess. Sorry. I don’t doubt you’re taking great and clean care of them. When you put TSC in that explained it all but I will say that our TSC at home here does a good job with theirs. I hope they pull through for you. I hate they are struggling at such a young age. So sorry.

Back
Top Bottom