Weekend coop building extravaganza

Quote:
Most likely some sort of kick board placed just behind the door, tall enough to retain litter but short enough to easily step over. May be some trial and error involved
smile.png

Nice lookin coop. I am trying to make me one similar to that one. I like your idea pretty good. And second I want that Dodge! That thing is nice. You have a nice coop and a nice Dodge. 3500?

I love the coop and will prob end up using the design ( thanks for the great pics of the step by step process), was curious about how much it roughly cost so far. i am trying to keep mine under $500.

Nice work. Very nice, indeed. One small suggestion: consider putting a 2x4 or even 2x2 span between the rafters that you can nail the top of the hardware cloth to. The staples to the roof could be your one point of weakness. I think you are probably okay because the wire is secured to the rafters on either side pretty near the top, so even a raccoon or other varmint got the staples loose, it would not create much of an opening, but it could provide enough play in the wire to work back and forth and start breaking it. With raccoons, especially, you have to plan for months or even years of effort by them to get in. They stay at it.

Just a thought. A minor one at that. Care to come to Florida and build me one?
smile.png

UGCM

Quote:
Yes, '00 Ram 3500. Built for towing (fully built tranny, pressure lock, torque lock, 2-lo, exhaust brake, high capacity pans, chipped, and exhaust, etc.) Roughly 400 hp and 900 ft lbs. I like it
cool.png

Quote:
I'm probably near that ($500) at this point. I'll try to add up the totals when I'm done and post the results.

Quote:
No, although that IS a longterm goal of ours. We do have well water and only option for internet is satellite, but still linked in powerwise. Maybe not this house, but long down the road we could certainly see retiring to the mountains of Montana or Idaho
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Of course! I LOVE seeing pics of everyone else's coops. Places like these are great for sharing ideas and I know I learn a lot from participating.

Quote:
Good thought. That would certainly make things that much more secure. Though I'd still end up with the same dilemma of how to attach the board itself to the roof at this point in the build. Prolly would have to default to liquid nails, and that essentially might have the same weakness...?

frow.gif
Hi!! I agree that if you toe nail some 2 x 4 braces between the joists and then attach the wire with screws and washers (so you're not pounding the roof up by nailing it) you will have super secure vents. I also love the metal work. It's a great coop. You should be proud of your work!!

Back
Top Bottom