Weird black looking Chick Poop

MichelleMillar

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
Guys I’m new to chicken keeping refer to my intro for my story. I have 4 baby chicks almost a week old. They came from a hatchery. I started with 5 two azure blues which are so energetic and Healthy. I had 3 black sex links. One was quite small and over the course of 2 days went from energetic to just laying down constantly peeping didn’t eat or drink had really pasty butt and And we lost her 🥺. I was so nervous I separated the BSL and Azures as a precaution. The BSL are not as energetic as my little azures but the two remaining seem “okay” except this poop was in their brooder today.... sorry about the food all over I clean twice a day haha they are wildly messy hahahaha they fling it all over haha. Is this normal it’s almost black? or should I be concerned I was thinking about putting them all back together today but now I’m wondering is that a good idea??? My kiddos are quite fond of these little guys and I need them to grow up so my rooster has more then one hen she is getting beat up being the only one poor thing but they came as a pair and I’m learning as I go

Attachments

• 19BD6261-24DF-4330-AC0C-D94BA192163A.jpeg
    19BD6261-24DF-4330-AC0C-D94BA192163A.jpeg
    520.8 KB · Views: 12
When you say they came from a hatchery...which one?
Did you mail order them or pick them up?

I got them from Frey’s through my local feed store so they were transported. They have been home since April 7th so day 5 today.
eating drinking and exploring. The BSL are a bit smaller and sleep more maybe a bit younger. They each have their own brooder right now but I would like to put them back together ASAP

Back
Top Bottom