WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by outdoorsii, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Betsy57

Betsy57 Songster Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Murphysboro IL USA
    My white leghorns laid at 4 months but the rest of mine waited until 5 months and some (Easter Eggers, Black Copper Marans) waited until nearly 6 months before laying.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. ellie32526

ellie32526 Songster

Oct 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Yes, thanks for your response. I was taking the 16 weeks I read somewhere to heart and getting eggcited thinking the time was near. But now Im reading that I may have to wait another month or two or three before I see eggs. Oh well, as long as everybody is healthy, I will be content watching my chicken tv a few more months. Love my chickens!

3. mrealm

mrealm In the Brooder

May 4, 2013
    I have also been reading up on "When do chickens lay eggs" posts and articles and very anxious receive eggs. I too thought that the day would never come. My hens are 16 1/2 weeks and I received my first full egg this afternoon. She was in the coop moaning like it was the end of the world. When she came out, I went into the coop and saw the present. It wasn't in the nest box, but I'll take it anyway. I did receive a "half egg" about two days ago and she had been "off" the past week or so, as if her body was going through some changes.

It is definitely exciting!

Now let's see when the rest of them lay.

Full egg
    .[​IMG]

Half egg

[​IMG]

4. WeLuvRuckus

WeLuvRuckus Chirping

May 21, 2013
    Carthage Maine
    My in laws chicken laid this[​IMG]

5. Betsy57

Betsy57 Songster Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Murphysboro IL USA
    I've had a few of those too in the past. They're pretty cool and unusual for sure!

6. ellie32526

ellie32526 Songster

Oct 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Yippee!!! I have eggs! Well, my chickens had them actually, not me. But its cool anyway. I have had 8 so far so I know I must have several laying, I know that one of my White Rocks is laying and the other one that I'm sure is laying is a New Hampshire. I have suspicions about one of my BAs but haven't confirmed it yet. Yippee!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Onyx9370

Onyx9370 In the Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    TN
    [​IMG] a few of my pullets just started laying within the last few days. This egg is one pullet's 2nd egg. The other is uniformly medium brown. This one is a bit speckled, and is lighter on the small end than the bigger end. Just neat. I'm still in awe of the eggs, it's amazing!

8. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Crowing

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan
    One of my 5 year old hens laid this egg a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Wow was there any " egg white " in there from what it looks its only the yolk you're girl who layed this is 5 yrs holy cow how well does she lay and what breed?

10. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Crowing

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan

Nope, there wasn't any egg white in this one. She is a Buff Orpington. She doesn't lay very many eggs anymore. Maybe two every month. I have six other 5 year old hens, and they all lay maybe 4 eggs a week. I'm actually really surprised how often they lay eggs for their age. The other hens are Buff Orpingtons and Rhode Island Reds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by