WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by outdoorsii, Aug 7, 2012.

1. qwackers

qwackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    somerset, england
    it's not odd but just huge. My Aylesbury hadn't laid for a couple of days and then i got this whopper yesterday!

[​IMG] compared to a regular chicken egg

[​IMG] compared to her normal eggs

1 person likes this.
  2. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    I posted these pics in a thread I started little bitty eggs before I seen this one. Have now been given two very little eggs. The top one is actually smaller than the brown one we got today. A couple of days before the top egg was laid the same hen laid a huge 31/2" extra large double yolker then she gave us this one the yolk was smaller than an eraser head really cute. Is this something normal or is something going on with my hens?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Wow my Phoebe in the avatar is just over 2 years and she's laid maybe 8 eggs since last year. She is a good sitter and will sit on everyone elses eggs for them and she will go in and sit as if she is going to lay, does this daily she is not bound just barren.

4. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Overrun With Chickens

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan

I have a hen like that too. Some hens can lay for years and years, and some not so much. It all depends on the hen. :)

5. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN
    Carin, that is such a neat thing to see! The xray is just too cool!!

6. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN
    The picture of the grape sized egg in the pan made me giggle!! I want one!! I haven't had eggs yet, (within the next two weeks, fingers crossed) and Ihope to be able to post a funky egg on here!!

7. redrstr29

redrstr29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    hey guys. I gotta take pics , but I had aquestion, One of my red sex links who lays brown eggs, laid an egg 3 days in a row that was almost white lol... as if she ran out of ink in her cartridge and now shes laying speckled eggs lol?? has this happened to anyone?? I guess shes reloading her ink ribbon lol

Aldo

8. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Overrun With Chickens

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan

It's not uncommon for a hens eggs to change color. One of my hens went from having brown eggs, to brown eggs with tiny dark brown speckles, to brown eggs with big dark brown speckles. I'm not sure what causes their egg colors to change, but I know it happens to a lot of chickens. :D

9. redrstr29

redrstr29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    I actually liked it, because it actually gave me some variety in the egg carton....when i get out of work tom. ill take some pics....they went from dark brown to so pale almost light grey......I think I need to start selling them I ordered egg cartons from MPC and I have 15 dozen in the fridge, I also gave so many away lol

10. Bawkinghen

Bawkinghen Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Well, we have received our first weird eggs. I have three of my twelve girls laying so far and their eggs have been absolute perfection from the very start, but I think someone else is trying to lay now and hasn't quite got the hang of putting the shell on the egg. We found this on the floor of the hen house. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by