Weird scabs on combs PICS!

Quote:
Young chicks and older or weakened adults could die, but not likely. The problem is if the sores get bad in their mouth then they wont want to eat/drink. That is my understanding anyway. You did great by seperating them. If it is FP, they will be carriers for life. Hopefully, they are just scabs from fighting! I guess time will tell!

This is what my BR comb looked like after being pecked when we brought in new chickens. I put peck-away cream on it, and it's healed up. Could just be dried blood..

I like to be optimistic
hmm.png

ETA: Definitely doesn't look like the link above! Wow.. That's not warty, it just looks like scabs or dried blood from fighting to me!

Last edited:
Im scared its fp I looked threw all my chickens and I can see little black dots on there combs but not all of the black dots looks like scabs so im going to wait it out and see what happens I put Iodine on the red roosters comb and checked his mouth and his mouth looked fine. About a week ago I traded my hog for 14 chickens and then I put them with my chickens with just chicken wire separating them, my chickens didnt have this problem till I got my new chickens. The white rooster I think im going to have a problem treating he one of my new ones so im not sure if hes easy to handle and he as really big spurs.

Back
Top Bottom