Weird thing happened today

we have stuff like that happen quite often here, actually. we have found people walking into our horse paddock, going into the coops, coming right into the mudroom etc.

most of the time people assume that because it's a farm, they can just mull about. i let them know, in a very stern tone that it is unacceptable.

i have a lovely Treeing Walker Hound that usually lets us know that 'visitors' are here. she is scary as all get out when she barks and raises her fur. she's actually a big baby, but visitors don't need to know that.

if you have a weird feeling, then follow through with that for sure. especially if you live near an express way or freeway. criminals often pick places that have easy escape routes.

be well and safe my friend.
frow.gif

Quote:
The layer flock free ranges around so they are visible if they wander in front of the house. One of this year's plans is to plant lilacs all around our property so it's not such a "fish bowl". We live on a corner on a moderately busy road. We also plan on fencing in most of the rest of the place this year.

It probably is a good thing that he didn't see the dog and vice versa. She would not be amused if someone was sneaking around at any time of the day or night and if he never saw a dog he doesn't know to look for one.

Wow. Creepy! Don't forget that sometimes people work in pairs. One will distract you outside and one goes inside (unseen of course). I think people are going to get more and more desperate as the economy tumbles. I think even I may have to lock up chickens at night. Did this guy look homeless? What kind of vehicle did he have? Just another thought, you can also put down one of those things across your driveway that let's you know someone is driving in. It buzzes inside your house.

That is creepy. Trust your instincts. Get your dog home! (you dont need more puppies, you need your guard dog
big_smile.png
)

Good old Freddie would have pinned that guy in the corner, too bad he would have only bitten him once he turned around.

Not to push a product, but if you are looking for an awesome camera, these are made locally here. They come wireless or not. Some guys have installed them in their calving barn. All he does is get up & turn the tv on to see what is going on w/his cows. Also he installed one on top of his grain bin, so he can see when its getting full w/out climbing up there. I am trying to talk DH into one (not going so good)
http://www.dakotamicro.com/

Buster, at age 2 I had a chat with all of my kids that they were never to open or answer the door and the doors are always to be locked. Keep reinforcing it.

Too many home invasions down here.

That sounds scary. We had someone turn the station on the chickens radio and close the doors to their coops so they couldn't get inside. The dog must have wondered to the creek for the moment. We have padlocks on both of them now and we are 800 feet off the road.

Back
Top Bottom