Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
Why brown??? I can almost understand thinking there was only white. But if they knew there were brown, how didn't they know there were other colours?
I mean, you most often see white chicks on packages and in photos and stuff.
Not usually brown.

Because in cartoons it's usually a red or brown rooster with white or brown hens

Once we raised about 20 meat birds and had them processed, and while we were weighing them before putting them all in the freezer someone who was helping me said (after picking up one of the lightest) "I bet this is the little Polish pullet" and when I replied with, "Oh, we didn't send that one to the processor" he was surprised.

When I was in early middle school I would bring hatchery catalogs to school so I could read about different chicken breeds during free time. The catalogs would have a breed summary, pictures, the year is was admitted by the APA, the average weight, annual egg production, ect. One kid came up to me, looked at what I was reading, and said "it's like sport stats, but for chickens."
( that’s technically the truth.)

Why brown??? I can almost understand thinking there was only white. But if they knew there were brown, how didn't they know there were other colours?
I mean, you most often see white chicks on packages and in photos and stuff.
Not usually brown.
Well there are pictures of brown chickens on tv and also on egg cartons, like the organic ones.

Back
Top Bottom