Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
Ok, let me clarify, the gender of all multicellular organisms is determined by weather the of offspring get a y or x chromosome from their father (they always get x from their mother) if a child gets a x chromosome, its a girl, y its a boy. In chickens I suppose y chromosomes are more sensitive to cold, and often dye off. I think being mammals, the temperature is more easily monitered, where eggs are entirely dependent on incubator/mom. In nature, mother hens actually hatch more hens than roos, usually, and stressed hens hatch more hens to. Tiny science lesson, yes, I played a lot of attention to Jr. High science.
Chickens don’t have X and Y chromosomes I don’t think. I think they have other letters.

Cats do, that's how you get a male calico, its a genetic mutation where the kitten gets 2 x and one y.
I think mammals have X and Y chromosomes, but other types of animals ( which are multicellular organisms) have different letters. I can’t verify this but I think chickens have Z and W chromosomes.

Cats do, that's how you get a male calico, its a genetic mutation where the kitten gets 2 x and one y.
I think mammals have X and Y chromosomes, but other types of animals ( which are multicellular organisms) have different letters. I can’t verify this but I think chickens have Z and W chromosomes.
Y'all lost me a few pages back.

Back
Top Bottom