Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
I've had people ask if I eat my chickens, too. Even after saying "absolutely not" & explaining that they're my babies. When pressed further, I've been known to suggest we eat their pets or children, since theirs can't make 'em breakfast & pretty much freeload. When the righteous indignation starts I tell 'em I understand completely & just stare at them.

Poor sleeping bantam cutie! Ah the things we insulate them from!
I’ve had many people after seeing my birds ask if my chickens are for eating :barnie..I raise d’Uccles...not exactly a full course meal there lol. Not to mention they are 100% all pets!!!!

Anybody ever ask you how you tell your chickens apart? Why you like chickens? Ask you what the cute red and white thing full of water in your chicken coop is?

Here's a spot to post your funny stories about these things and more. (If this should be in a different section, please move it!)

Here's one of mine: Last year, I was reading a book called How to Speak Chicken. Someone looks at me and in the most condescending tone possible, says, So, how do you speak chicken? I say, "bawk."
I’ve got that book!

Back
Top Bottom