Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
I literally respond to my chickens with "Yes, I know" or "you're okay" when they are SCREAMING at me while I am checking their feet. I talk to them like they are human and everyone thinks I am crazy.
I do that, too.
Well, sometimes. Other times, I just say, "Oh, stop it. You're fine, quit complaining."
I'm either incredibly soothing and comforting to my birds, or utterly unsympathetic and sarcastic.

I literally respond to my chickens with "Yes, I know" or "you're okay" when they are SCREAMING at me while I am checking their feet. I talk to them like they are human and everyone thinks I am crazy.
I do the same thing. People look at me funny, but they do the same thing to their dogs, cats, and children!

I do that, too.
Well, sometimes. Other times, I just say, "Oh, stop it. You're fine, quit complaining."
I'm either incredibly soothing and comforting to my birds, or utterly unsympathetic and sarcastic.
I'm both, in the same sentence. I sometimes wonder why I waste so much sarcasm on birds.
I do the same thing. People look at me funny, but they do the same thing to their dogs, cats, and children!
Lol. I wouldn't even talk to people as much as I talk to my birds. I can't even be in my birds company without talking to them nonstop. I have even apologized to them multiple times.
Having said that, I've apologized to spiders when I accidentally break their webs, and I once apologized to a bush when I accidentally fell into it. It was out of my mouth before I realized I had said sorry to a plant.

Lol. I wouldn't even talk to people as much as I talk to my birds. I can't even be in my birds company without talking to them nonstop. I have even apologized to them multiple times.
Having said that, I've apologized to spiders when I accidentally break their webs, and I once apologized to a bush when I accidentally fell into it. It was out of my mouth before I realized I had said sorry to a plant.
I often apologize to the ants I vacuum up. Is that normal? Oh well.

My family knows me well enough to not make fun of me for knowing most things about chickens, and I am training the five-year-old in "the way of the chicken".

Somebody came over and I told them I had different colors of chickens and they only thought there were brown ones and white ones.
Same! When I got my first chickens in adulthood, people were really surprised by their colors (two lavender, one splash, and one black). A co-worker told me she didn't know that chickens could come in other colors besides white and brown. I told her that chickens are like dogs, and they can come in all sorts of colors, and she got it then.

We had someone come to our house to sell us something, and he got distracted from his pitch by our chickens. "But why are they grey?"

Same! When I got my first chickens in adulthood, people were really surprised by their colors (two lavender, one splash, and one black). A co-worker told me she didn't know that chickens could come in other colors besides white and brown. I told her that chickens are like dogs, and they can come in all sorts of colors, and she got it then.

We had someone come to our house to sell us something, and he got distracted from his pitch by our chickens. "But why are they grey?"

He thought they were dusty, lol

I recently had a woman tell me she would never eat eggs from my chickens because they run around and eat bugs. She told me that I needed to make sure they only ate "real" chicken food. I nicely told her she would probably be better off getting eggs from the store...

Back
Top Bottom