Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Can't complain, not that anyone would listen, anyway :p
We only got 6-8" here, not the possible 14" forecast; dodged another bullet.
Filled the snow blower yesterday & blew a little snow 'til I busted a shear pin on a fair-sized stone in the lane. Discovered 3 of the 4 pins were shot. Replaced 2, but can't get to the 3rd, & that section of the auger's spinning free. I guess I'm gonna have to pull the axle; not sure. Any hints? It's a Troy-bilt.
Plow truck just left, so at least we can get out now if we need/want to. A friend just told me we might get dumped on again Sunday. Hello, Spring! Can we go back to Winter?

bites :hugs

My girl let out one humongous poop ball last night, and this morning her vent looked totally normal. Not even red in the slightest. I trimmed her rear feathers and put her back outside with her group. Hopefully it was a fluke last night.

TMI?? Sorry. :oops:

View attachment 1306496
Good news!!! maybe give her some extra calcium and make sure she is drinking lots

9 out of 10 times, whenever I replace something I've lost, it magically reappears. Never has happened to my youth, though, or my mind.

:lau

Sorry if that sounded like a lecture... I know you would have broody pens... others may not.

No, no, no. I didn't take it as lecturing. I was a bit shocked when I saw her last night. I'm not really even sure when they started cramming in there. A few days ago, I assumed they were trying to lay eggs at the same time. Then a black one was in there late evening, the others were roosting, so I thought "ok!". Then all of a sudden, egg production took a nose-dive. I guess like when women all go to the restroom together, they are all gonna go broody at the same time together?? :th

Ouch! Hopefully not too bad a scratch. :hugs
My readers are either hanging from my shirt collar or on top of my head, 99% of the time if they aren't on my face. I do have the extra emergency pairs in the truck and at work. :D
My Sis-in-law has one pair in each room, one hanging around her neck, and one in her purse. She is FOREVER looking for her readers!

New batteries?
What's a Fleming?

Its not the batteries. The batteries work like clockwork, die exactly every 15days, except in the August/September when its hotter than the sun.

Fleming Outdoors is where I originally bought the door. Whenever I need to troubleshoot it I call them & they give me the number of the Amish guy who built it. Is it normal for the Amish to have phones???

Looks about like here, and still coming down. Heavy chit pulled my duck pen fence down again. I knocked the snow off the netting before I left this morning and it was covered again when i got home. Luckily the netting stayed up. :rolleyes:

DISLIKE! :(

And in other sad news, I went out to check on my broodies and that cute little EE with the AC mamma was out of the box, dead. I have no idea what happened. Can I seriously go one week without losing a bird???? :(
Eta: Eric says, "just make another one." SMH

:hit:hugs:hit

Do the dog ware glasses now ????:lau

Too late for glasses, that dog must be blind. :lau:gig

My girl let out one humongous poop ball last night, and this morning her vent looked totally normal. Not even red in the slightest. I trimmed her rear feathers and put her back outside with her group. Hopefully it was a fluke last night.

TMI?? Sorry. :oops:

View attachment 1306496

NOT TMI!!! YAY!!!!:wee:fl :yesss:

I got goose eggs! :celebrate:wee
IMG_20180322_165531.jpg

Back
Top Bottom