Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Anyone want a BCM rooster, cheap?
He's got DW scared to go into the chicken yard when he's there unless she's carrying a stick.
He'd have come after me yesterday, twice, if there hadn't been a fence between us. All I was doing was walking back to the house from checking on the little guys & the water supply.
I opened the gate just now to let them out, and as a hen walked thru the gate he rushed me again. This is his lucky day; lucky that my legs aren't any longer, and lucky I wasn't armed with a stick or pistol/rifle. I've had one BCM rooster than decided to challenge me & take me on; not putting up with another. I won't walk around wary of a bird all day; not unless it starts buying groceries & paying the mortgage. I have a 50/50 chance of one of the two BCM chicks I have being a cockerel, & a 3 month old Buff Orpington confirmed cockerel, I'll give them a chance. If either of them work out, fine. If not, they're gone, too, and I'll be the only testosterone-driven male around here. Now if I could only remember the address of craigslist.org.
Sounds like he should be invited to dinner.

I just happened to think of something, which is scary all by itself, but you know how a lot of people, including me, often say chickens aren't real smart?
They're smart enough to get someone to house them, feed them, keep 'em warm in the winter & cool in the summer, provide medical care if needed, and, in many cases, all the sex they can handle or want.

Think about it.
Lucky birds...:lau
My legs got so burnt after half an hour on the sands of Myrtle Beach one year that DW had to drive home; I couldn't put any pants or shoes on. Even had to take off work a couple days 'til I could get dressed. Of course at that time my legs hadn't seen sunlight in 30 years.
Ouch! :(
:lau This also describes a lot of 20-30 year olds these days. :gig
So true.. :lau:gig
S(he) was an ISA Brown. Such a sweet & beautiful bird.:love
View attachment 1438072

I've met 4 so far, but none that I talk to frequently.

THAT. IS. SO. CUTE!!! :love I really did LOL! :lau

No judging either way, just pointing out that you had 1 more pro than you had con.

What'd ya get? :pop What'd ya get? :pop What'd ya get? :pop

That sounds like so much fun!!!! :wee

I'm glad that's not just me! :highfive:
He was beautiful...:love:love:love
We had a good time, and i had a lawn chair in a shady spot so no sunburn!:D
It was a little cloudy but that kept it comfortably cool and the kids and dh enjoyed the water.:love
20180620_145439.jpg
20180620_145426.jpg
20180620_145354.jpg

I havent heard this story! :old

It was... and me too!! :lau

I assume she is referring to one time when we were fishing and took Dudley with us. Hubby caught a fish and Dudley was soooo excited. When we tossed the fish back in the water, Dudley promptly jumped in after it. Sunk like a rock! Finally we see him surface, paddling like a mad dog.

Or it may have been the same trip, we were loading up and Dudley fell off the end of the dock, into a bunch of plant life growing in the water, and we had one heck of a time getting him out of that tangled mess

:lau

I assume she is referring to one time when we were fishing and took Dudley with us. Hubby caught a fish and Dudley was soooo excited. When we tossed the fish back in the water, Dudley promptly jumped in after it. Sunk like a rock! Finally we see him surface, paddling like a mad dog.

Or it may have been the same trip, we were loading up and Dudley fell off the end of the dock, into a bunch of plant life growing in the water, and we had one heck of a time getting him out of that tangled mess

Oh no...poor Dudley :lau:gig:gig

I think I read both posts around the same time, but it was a long time ago & I might be blurring them together. If I remember correctly there was a pic of Dudders on the bow of your boat. He jumped in after a fish & "sunk like a rock." I thought your DH had to pull him out. The next pic was him on the bow of the boat in a life vest. I admit I liked you instantly. :wee:hugs

Back
Top Bottom