Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

What Natalie said below! :D

:highfive: :lau

Get him Turk! :woot
You'll make a believer out of him yet! ;)
Its sad that he's had a hard life at such a young age and Im glad he has help available... but mostly glad that you dont feel sorry for him, that's the worst thing anyone can do for him.:hugs

:lau yea well i do feel for him and i tryn give him some understanding but the aunt is working hard, cant let the bad behavior continue. Im just lending a hand.

Hey! Maybe I’ll have a spare pair to bring you in June. :lau :oops:

:clap not such cute hatchlings :lol: glad theyre thriving tho! They be beautiful one day :love

I also have some other new pigeons hatched. The two I have inside are doing fine. Now 2 new ones I hope we’ve warmed up enough and the parents take care of these.
Both sets had two eggs, but one egg each quit, so they have lone babies. But that’s ok, the singles will get all the attention.

This pair of Satinettes also hatched another one last December, she is doing great. This is the dad and baby, hatched last Friday.
View attachment 1707981

And this is the first hatch for my only pair of parlor rollers, this one just hatched yesterday (possibly the day before) They are caged by themselves, separate from my Frills.
View attachment 1707982 View attachment 1707983

Congratulations! They are absolutely bizarre looking! :eek: I hope you know I mean no offense when I say this one looks even weirder than the first two. Maybe this one will grow into the most beautiful of them all.

WELCOME HOME SOUR!!! :weeWe pretty much shut BYC down while you were gone... Way too boring without you.

The 'catio' is still being built, but its on hold as DH is doing his Civic Duty today (Hopefully only today.) Its been a tough project & I don't know why. It should've been easier & quicker than it has been. I'm pretty sure Cap could've whipped this out in her sleep.

:frow ive got an extra charge today. Neighbors 13 yr old troubled orphan nephew. Kicked outa school 2 months in, she tells me put him to work :oops: all of my waterers got scrubbed yest, branches gathered for a bon fire, the littles powerwheels were cleaned(pollen:sick) and my truck got washed :D
Good for you! When my oldest nephew was about 15, he got suspended for 3 days. His mother cakes DH and asked him if he had some work for the boy to do. DH said, “Being him on out!” Kid picked rocks for all 3 days. DH drove the tractor and pulled the rock box.

Agreed forgot this last time!

:gig we'll get there!

Xs2!

And on the freezers... im tryn to get an extra upright fridge/freezer for my back porch but not having one my fridge is always ridiculously overstocked for the size of our family :lol: and not much is leftovers either the chickens eat all those to conserve space for ex the 4 gals of milk we have to buy each wk.:rolleyes:
When I had 3 teenage boys living in the house, we went through about a gallon of milk a day.

I also have some other new pigeons hatched. The two I have inside are doing fine. Now 2 new ones I hope we’ve warmed up enough and the parents take care of these.
Both sets had two eggs, but one egg each quit, so they have lone babies. But that’s ok, the singles will get all the attention.

This pair of Satinettes also hatched another one last December, she is doing great. This is the dad and baby, hatched last Friday.
View attachment 1707981

And this is the first hatch for my only pair of parlor rollers, this one just hatched yesterday (possibly the day before) They are caged by themselves, separate from my Frills.
A face that only a mother could love... Er, congratulations on your hatch WV!

Do you vacuum pack your meat, or wrap it in freezer paper? I watched a video the other day where a guy prefers to wrap his. We used to, before we started using vacuum sealers
We used to wrap the venison, but vacuum pack it now, also the chicken. Salmon is vacuum packed, and fish that DH catches locally.

:lau yea well i do feel for him and i tryn give him some understanding but the aunt is working hard, cant let the bad behavior continue. Im just lending a hand.
Sounds like he’s in good hands with you, Turk.

Lookie what I got today!

Brahma chicks 1.JPG
brahma chicks 2.JPG
brahma chicks 3.JPG
brahma chicks 4.JPG
brahma chicks 5.JPG

They're all brahma chicks :) Got lucky and won them in a raffle. I got 16 total, 4 gold laced, 4 buff laced, 4 light, 1 lavender, and 3 that are actually the same color as I've been working on creating myself. The breeder is calling them by the wrong name, though, 'lavender columbia'. The color is actually called Coronation. So, 3 coronation to add to my coronation project.

View attachment 1707981

Yoir pigeons fascinate me

Lookie what I got today!

View attachment 1708114 View attachment 1708115 View attachment 1708116 View attachment 1708117 View attachment 1708118

They're all brahma chicks :) Got lucky and won them in a raffle. I got 16 total, 4 gold laced, 4 buff laced, 4 light, 1 lavender, and 3 that are actually the same color as I've been working on creating myself. The breeder is calling them by the wrong name, though, 'lavender columbia'. The color is actually called Coronation. So, 3 coronation to add to my coronation project.

Can you show us pictures of the Coronation color?

Can't wait to see those chicks grown.

Lookie what I got today!

View attachment 1708114 View attachment 1708115 View attachment 1708116 View attachment 1708117 View attachment 1708118

A lavender brahma? :eek: I want one... or 3.... or 10.

Can you show us pictures of the Coronation color?

Can't wait to see those chicks grown.

The Coronation chicks are the ones in the fourth picture down, right above the gold laced :) The color should become more apparent as they feather out. The goal (or at least my goal, not 100% sure what this breeder is aiming for) is they will look just like coronation sussex, but with the addition of the proper streaks of lavender in the males' saddle feathers, where a light brahma would have black.

My small flock is especially low right now. I've lost 2 girls in the last 2 months or so & when I count them at night I keep thinking someones missing. Every night I count 1,2,3,4,5,6 & a giant rooster... Wait, is that right? One, two, three, four, five, six & a giant rooster... Wait Oooooone, twwwwwwo, threeeeeee, foooooour, fiiiiiive, siiiiiiiiix and a giant rooster. I feel like an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom