Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hmmm, I didn't know this.
The UK had poppy day as a remembrance day. I used to buy one.
I bought my poppy yesterday. They're sold here all of this (our memorial day) weekend.
ETA; oops mistake. I bought my blue poppy which is sold by the DAV (disabled american vets) this weekend. The red poppies are sold on Veteran's Day by our VFW (veterans of foreign wars) organization, our largest and oldest veterans support group.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday, Pond!
It's been a lovely day. Sunny and in the 70's, light breeze. Now THIS is what May is supposed to feel like! We finished getting fence up for the horses. They are happily munching away on fresh, green grass. Only one tick so far - not stuck, just crawling along, dragging his feet so I could find him. We're going fishing with our nephew, SIL and BIL in a bit. That will be fun, too, even if I don't catch fish. I'm just as happy watching others catch fish. It means more to them.

Sorry about the drill...I had a sawzall like that. Just quit working... Took it apart tested everything but it would never refire.....
If it were electrical , I would suspect a armature bar gone bad or a shorted field coil . Its air and the works look like new.I bought it new .:idunnoI just oiled the crap out of both of them and let them run with out the bits haven't tried them drilling rock yet. . The compressor is a old Smith 351 ford engine runs on the right bank pumps air on the left bank . Is supposed to deliver 165 cubic feet pre minute at a constant 100 PSI .And should be able to run two hammers or two drills at the same time . :idunno Compressor has 2700 hours on it give or take. Starts and runs fine . Getting a little oil smoke on the compressor bank but none on the running bank . Nothing worse than a finicky compressor . They can cause hundred of dollars in lost time on a job. I have a 1947 Jaeger It runs sometimes and stops when you need it most .Why I bough the smith I think the biggest problem with the drill is it don't speak English very well:lau

I hired a log splitter last year. I wasn't very impressed. It worked okayish on chunks with straight grain but if the chunk had knots in it the splitter ran out of grunt.
Now this was probably not the best splitter but it was the one the hire company recommended.
I ended up changing the length of the logs cut with the chainsaw. Anything shorter than 10" splits quite well with the axe. The tough ones split well with wedges.
Been there so many times . Cords and cords of hand splinting :thMy homemade splitter will split right through a nott .Even the hardest wood . I have split wood three feet across. Corse we have to repair it from time to time :idunno:lau

Okay.... But I don't want to get stuck doing the dishes....
:lau IKR bad enough doing the cooking :th

I like a good home made splitter.
I know a few of my friends have splitters that'll split about anything you throw at it.
But these are seriously big hydraulic monsters.... But up here wood is King as far as home heating goes.
I'll bet Alaskan had seen a few home made splitters up that way as well...
You know what tractor supply wants for a log splitter ? :eek:I bought a old dumpester lift from a friend . I used the cylinders to build a splitter and my post driver .Less than four hundred the pair.

I like a good home made splitter.
I know a few of my friends have splitters that'll split about anything you throw at it.
But these are seriously big hydraulic monsters.... But up here wood is King as far as home heating goes.
I'll bet Alaskan had seen a few home made splitters up that way as well...

We had one... built to run off of the tractor.

It was hand built, not very fast, but it could split ANYTHING!

But 2 summers back all of the gaskets started failing.... it was raining hydraulic fluid!

We just haven't taken the time to take it apart and rebuild it....

Right now we have so many boys at home... :idunno

But, your sons are very bright and helpful Alaskan
Thanks...that they are. :old

Kid 2 will be leaving on Wednesday for 2 months of camp... a little shorter than last year.

But other kids will be home.

I am looking forward to so many kids at home in the summer.... for the first time in awhile...

I need to get the house stained and painted... the rust touched up on the cars..... so much to do!

Been there so many times . Cords and cords of hand splinting :thMy homemade splitter will split right through a nott .Even the hardest wood . I have split wood three feet across. Corse we have to repair it from time to time :idunno:lau
Could you post a picture of what you built and quote the power (Watts) of whatever powers the thing please?

Back
Top Bottom