Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

what do you use the broth from the corned beef for... Inquiring minds want to know

i want to make corned beef from scratch and can it for the cooking process. Not all of it because mom likes it as well so I wll keep out a few chunks so we can have corned beef as a family. I also want to smoke some to make pastrami. I have to buy a smoker or figure a way to do it some how. I know an old refrigerator can be used as a smoker... but my old refrigerator is at home. sixty miles from here.

deb
So can steel drums; son made a nice one several years ago.

Love propane..... my generator runs the whole house.
But that 6 day outage we had used a lot of$$$$ in gasoline
We've been drooling over the Generac generators that hook up to your propane tank (we have a 250 gal) and will kick in automatically if the power goes out but unless we hit a lottery, don't see one of those ever finding it's way here.

We've been drooling over the Generac generators that hook up to your propane tank (we have a 250 gal) and will kick in automatically if the power goes out but unless we hit a lottery, don't see one of those ever finding it's way here.

After two outages of more than 10 days exactly one year apart we bit the bullet and installed a Generac. WE have 3 sump pumps in the cellar and would flood without power. Getting gasoline was a major hassle. Our 500 gallon propane tank provides a great sense of security. If the simple act of having it here keeps another major outage away, it was well worth the price. Most power outage we have since installing it is a couple of 2 or 3 day outages.

Got a strange one for you. I received a call LAST EVENING offering me another position with the census. Even raised my pay scale :clapbut called me on Saturday night? And I received notice that my latest background check had cleared early this morning. Wow. Just maybe they have finally got their technology act together. I was even told I would be issued a smart phone. What?:idunno Last time it was a smallish laptop. What do they expect me to do with a smart phone? I spent most of my time in areas where the GPS on the laptop wouldn't even work last time and my phone was useless. Maybe they don't have their technology act together after all. At least for us less than urban types. Oh well, I still get paid whether their "program" works or not.

After two outages of more than 10 days exactly one year apart we bit the bullet and installed a Generac. WE have 3 sump pumps in the cellar and would flood without power. Getting gasoline was a major hassle. Our 500 gallon propane tank provides a great sense of security. If the simple act of having it here keeps another major outage away, it was well worth the price. Most power outage we have since installing it is a couple of 2 or 3 day outages.
I'm thinking that using the money I'll make with this next round of census work just might go toward a Generac. Dragging those generators out is really getting old and we're not getting any younger.

Back
Top Bottom