Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Well, bad news on the Liege Fighter eggs - all of them have detached air cells. I've never seen that before in shipped eggs that ALL of them have detached air cells. Must have been some really rough handling. I have doubts that any will hatch. I think I've only ever gotten one egg with a detached air cell to reattach and hatch. Bummer :(
And you incubate the eggs standing them up?

I haven't taken records...but I dont *think* my hatch rates for detached air cells were that bad. Hummmm.

Do you sell the pickled ones?

Yes sir or ma'am i do! Didnt do very well with them this year but everyone who did get them raved about the recipe which is in my gallery under an album titled 'pickled eggs'

Crazy amount of eggs.

Cool though, all of the spots on quail eggs are always so much fun.

And theres not a 50:50 shot like with shipped :oops:

Yes sir! im pretty thrilled, itll be alota work but we'll eat good off of em and ill have another meat maker line finally :celebrate

And you incubate the eggs standing them up?

I haven't taken records...but I dont *think* my hatch rates for detached air cells were that bad. Hummmm.

I used to incubate them upright. Since my Brinsea's turner broke (again) I only have my Nurture Right to use at the moment, and in that I can only do them on their sides. Which is not a good thing for these eggs.

I could probably start them in my Brinsea and try to hand turn, but that's a giant pain to remember. I probably will though, thinking about it. Better to give them a bigger chance of making it.

I find that usually detached air cells means the package was handled very roughly. Meaning it's not necessarily the detached air cell that caused them not to make it, but it's a sign that they might have been scrambled too badly to develop.

I used to incubate them upright. Since my Brinsea's turner broke (again) I only have my Nurture Right to use at the moment, and in that I can only do them on their sides. Which is not a good thing for these eggs.

I could probably start them in my Brinsea and try to hand turn, but that's a giant pain to remember. I probably will though, thinking about it. Better to give them a bigger chance of making it.

I find that usually detached air cells means the package was handled very roughly. Meaning it's not necessarily the detached air cell that caused them not to make it, but it's a sign that they might have been scrambled too badly to develop.

All i use are my brinsea's and ill be setting alarms to remember that :p the turner broke during my first incubation with the 40, the 20 never had one and the mini's is the slider type? I havent ever neen comfortable with that :confused:

Well, bad news on the Liege Fighter eggs - all of them have detached air cells. I've never seen that before in shipped eggs that ALL of them have detached air cells. Must have been some really rough handling. I have doubts that any will hatch. I think I've only ever gotten one egg with a detached air cell to reattach and hatch. Bummer :(
Oh, that's too bad! I hope you can get some of them to hatch.
I got eggs today...

150 meat maker coturnix hatching eggs and 600 pickling eggs :oops:View attachment 2005777View attachment 2005783
I love those speckled eggs! If there were chickens that laid eggs like that, I'd definitely have some!

All i use are my brinsea's and ill be setting alarms to remember that :p the turner broke during my first incubation with the 40, the 20 never had one and the mini's is the slider type? I havent ever neen comfortable with that :confused:

Ugh, don't get me started on the turner for my 40. It broke while under warranty (the plastic arm piece that connects the motor to the turning piece) so I sent it back and they replaced the arm. I get it back and a couple weeks later the stupid motor dies entirely. So I call them and they agree to just send me a whole new end. Good.

Then the plastic piece that the arm connects to snaps on that one. I decide that clearly this is going to be an ongoing issue so I ordered a replacement piece for that, plus an extra, plus two extra arms, and figured I was good to go.

Then the motor in that one also died for no reason. I spend $50 and buy a whole new turner end again. Guess what happens before I even finish one incubation with it? the motor dies and gets stuck at one point in the turn.

So I'm done. Honestly, I'm going to sell the thing and buy a cabinet at some point here. I can probably sell the incubator itself without the turner for $350 considering new they sold for like $500.

Ugh, don't get me started on the turner for my 40. It broke while under warranty (the plastic arm piece that connects the motor to the turning piece) so I sent it back and they replaced the arm. I get it back and a couple weeks later the stupid motor dies entirely. So I call them and they agree to just send me a whole new end. Good.

Then the plastic piece that the arm connects to snaps on that one. I decide that clearly this is going to be an ongoing issue so I ordered a replacement piece for that, plus an extra, plus two extra arms, and figured I was good to go.

Then the motor in that one also died for no reason. I spend $50 and buy a whole new turner end again. Guess what happens before I even finish one incubation with it? the motor dies and gets stuck at one point in the turn.

So I'm done. Honestly, I'm going to sell the thing and buy a cabinet at some point here. I can probably sell the incubator itself without the turner for $350 considering new they sold for like $500.

New they sold for 650 without the humidity thingy but still i think the 350 is a great selling price.

Im sorry :hugs to hear you went thru all of that. Friends here(sc wv and walnut namely) had gone thru the reveiws and warned me that the turner was a design flaw that wasnt worth pursuing the fix. Id bought mine second hand at 250 anyway though so wasnt too disturbed by it. When you post your ad tag me and ill add a little helpful response about how much i love mine :) if its on here of course, or on fb altho we would have to exchange those

New they sold for 650 without the humidity thingy but still i think the 350 is a great selling price.

Im sorry :hugs to hear you went thru all of that. Friends here(sc wv and walnut namely) had gone thru the reveiws and warned me that the turner was a design flaw that wasnt worth pursuing the fix. Id bought mine second hand at 250 anyway though so wasnt too disturbed by it. When you post your ad tag me and ill add a little helpful response about gow much i love mine :)

Thanks! I'll probably take a shot at selling it locally before I post it to be shipped. I'm really mad about it because it was what I used to hatch goose eggs. The Nurture Right incubator doesn't fit goose eggs in the turner. So now I'm looking at having to purchase an Incuview to do goose eggs in. I'll have to decide what I'm doing soon because goose laying season is coming right up.

Heat it with a gas fireplace .Cost you a lot more than that .They are the most inefficient gas heat there is. Them and what they call blue flame heaters.We have spent as much as a thousand a month to heat this house just for gas .That does not enclude fuel cost for cutting fire wood and cost for electric heaters too .What really gets me is the dollar a gallon delievery .

Back
Top Bottom