Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Quote:
DON'T LOOK, ETHEL!!
big_smile.png
OMG, LOVE me some Ray Stevens!!!!

Let me in the water. On lunch break from training dogs. Gave the Princess a hug and kiss, and she started sneezing. Now that it's finally not raining there is pollen all over everything including me. I'll just drop my clothes here and dive right in.
wee.gif

LOL - she's allergic to you.

have a good swim.
frow.gif

Busy day.
Hope it's a good busy!

I am procrastinating -- I need to be busy, I have SO much to do and yet I can't bring myself to do it all, starting to hit that panicked/overwhelmed stage of thinking of it all. Suppose part of it is that most of what I need to do is in preparation for a trip I leave on tomorrow night and it is a trip that I have a LOT of mixed feelings about - suppose putting off the preparation means I can put off thinking about going.......

I am procrastinating -- I need to be busy, I have SO much to do and yet I can't bring myself to do it all, starting to hit that panicked/overwhelmed stage of thinking of it all.  Suppose part of it is that most of what I need to do is in preparation for a trip I leave on tomorrow night and it is a trip that I have a LOT of mixed feelings about - suppose putting off the preparation means I can put off thinking about going.......
[/quote]

Make life easier - don't go :)

Quote:
OMG, LOVE me some Ray Stevens!!!!

LOL - she's allergic to you.

Hope it's a good busy!

I am procrastinating -- I need to be busy, I have SO much to do and yet I can't bring myself to do it all, starting to hit that panicked/overwhelmed stage of thinking of it all. Suppose part of it is that most of what I need to do is in preparation for a trip I leave on tomorrow night and it is a trip that I have a LOT of mixed feelings about - suppose putting off the preparation means I can put off thinking about going.......

Gotta love Ray!

Must be Monday Procrastination Day. I'm doing it too.
highfive.gif

Good luck with your trip though!

Funny story.... was gone most of the day yesterday. Came home, looked outside and noticed the baby coop door was closed. I had let them out before I left and assumed the wind blew the door closed. So I went out, and noticed both the cochin/silkie runs and the baby coop doors were closed and latched. All chicks accounted for. Later found out that the neighbor ran them all back into the yard and closed them up. He thought they got out by accident
lol.png
(they have started venturing out into the front yard, through the picket fence, which is fine by me, but looks unusual to them!) So at least my neighbors are watching out for my birds!

Last edited:
Make life easier - don't go
smile.png

Tempting, but not really much of an option - and I really do want to go, I think.....
Long story short - I have a sister (dad's first marriage) whom I have not seen in over 20 years. We grew up sort of together - same small town, she spent lots of time with our family, we went on vacations together, etc but she is considerably older than I am and graduated and moved away while I was still fairly young....then, when my dad died, I developed some very hard feelings towards her (mostly misdirected I now realize). There was a very long period, 10+ years, where we didn't even speak (my choice - one which I have come to regret with time, maturity and reflection). We have been on friendly terms for probably ten years now I guess as far as we do speak - e-mail, letters, cards, etc. We have talked about visiting each other but I have always managed to talk myself out of it before the time actually comes - I *want* to see her, it's just the actual making myself take that first big step if that makes sense. Well, my daughter decided she wants to meet her aunt (they are two peas in a pod and have gotten to know each other as well as you can without meeting over the last several years) and so she planned a visit and asked me to please go with her.......so, tomorrow DD is driving down here and after I get off work she and I are setting off for Mississippi......that is if I ever manage to make myself pack.

Hope they are vegetarians or they could just be waiting for 'em to grow a bit :) my neighbours are vegan so I am totally safe ::D

Funny story.... was gone most of the day yesterday. Came home, looked outside and noticed the baby coop door was closed. I had let them out before I left and assumed the wind blew the door closed. So I went out, and noticed both the cochin/silkie runs and the baby coop doors were closed and latched. All chicks accounted for. Later found out that the neighbor ran them all back into the yard and closed them up. He thought they got out by accident
lol.png
(they have started venturing out into the front yard, through the picket fence, which is fine by me, but looks unusual to them!) So at least my neighbors are watching out for my birds!

What a good neighbor - very good intentions even if a bit misdirected.

Back
Top Bottom