Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Very possible it just a first time mom thing, but might not hurt to check into her diet or anything around that she might eat that could cause it. Did you deworm her prior to giving birth or early in pregnancy? Not sure about pigs mind you, but certain dewormers can cause problems in preg goats.
Yeah, I was going to take a look. No, we haven't wormed her or her sister in over a year, they've just never really needed.

One of my 3wk old turkeys has an injured leg. Got it in a pen by itself, I actually found it yesterday and put it in with the chicks in the brooder, found them standing on the poor thing this morning.
I don't feel anything out of place no swelling but he won't put any weight on it. Eating, drinking, chirping, poo normal..Any suggestions?
You can use vetwrap to give support, but if it is not weight bearing in a few days or keeps doing distess calls (as opppsed to "where are you" calls ), I'd cull. Sorry. Turkeys grow too big to survive well with an injured leg.

Don't think it bumblefoot, I think he's injured his leg between the hip and first large joint.
Don't know if you can tell in the pick but I can't seem to get a better one.
KIMG0789.JPG

Back
Top Bottom