Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Ironically, I was thinking how nice it would be to go a few weeks without something dying.
You know those OSHA calendars they put up in the break room at workplaces that say how many days since the last accident? I need one of those, only mine would say
Congratulations, the Orr farm has gone 0 days without a death. (starting today :( )
Oh orr. . . I'm ashamed to say this made me laugh out loud :hugssorry . . but. .
:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Just skimmed the surface of the pond. . . . didn't read everything so I hope everyone is ok. Sorry for the lost bunny cap.
Al. . I think I will lose my mind if I ever have to deal with bird lice. :he
Ravyn. . I hope your dumping spot is far away from the filter pump.
I would hate to have to clean that out.:gig
Perchie. . :hugshang in there gal.
And @room onthebroom
That's some crazy scary chit!!!
AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND TODAY!
20180425_203113.jpg
my very own antique pie bird! I found it at a little shop by my dentist office today!

Nice !

Daughter once said, " When D and I were growing up, it was expected that we would go to college. What would you have done if we were not college 'material'?" I replied, "We would have helped you with whatever thing you were good at or loved and encouraged you to concentrate on that." Much like 'Al's' son my brain does not work like everyone else's (I know that surprises everyone), but I survived and succeeded. There is a path for everyone. Finding it just takes time.

Kind of the problem with the eldest..... I think he will manage to squeeze through college. .. we will see. And he's now thinking that maybe he will try to get a 2 year nursing degree while he gets his college diploma. But he isn't excited about college... so it makes it harder for him to study and do well. I think he can plod/slog through.... but I had so much fun in college learning new things :confused: I feel bad he isn't having fun.

The only reason he is going is because the seminary said they super preferred if he had a college degree first... and he is hoping with a nursing degree he can get a job anywhere, incase whatever parish he goes to can't pay him. He does like the idea of helping people in pain. He is good with crotchety old people.... :confused:

His ideal is to do a service in the morning... spend the day visiting parishioners and doing manual labor/upkeep of the church grounds... then doing a service at night... then put his feet up and goof off... repeat in the morning.

yeah... I have TOO MANY birds to give them all a foot rub times two!! :barnie

Well, the coop where the morning attack happened was boycotted tonight.

If I had to wrangle little chickens into coops every night, I might reconsider owning them. They were in trees all over the place :barnieand a few moved in to the barn. I think they're all accounted for, but I seriously thought there had been another attack because they were so reluctant to go in.

Just skimmed the surface of the pond. . . . didn't read everything so I hope everyone is ok. Sorry for the lost bunny cap.
Ravyn. . I hope your dumping spot is far away from the filter pump.
I would hate to have to clean that out.:gig
Perchie. . :hugshang in there gal.
And @room onthebroom
That's some crazy scary chit!!!
AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND TODAY! View attachment 1357320 my very own antique pie bird! I found it at a little shop by my dentist office today!

Why do you think I am usually nominated to clean the filter??? :lol:

Great score!! :highfive:
Btw, my dust beats your dust, lol... ;)

Well, the coop where the morning attack happened was boycotted tonight.

If I had to wrangle little chickens into coops every night, I might reconsider owning them. They were in trees all over the place :barnieand a few moved in to the barn. I think they're all accounted for, but I seriously thought there had been another attack because they were so reluctant to go in.

Try ducks when a rat runs through their coop... :barnie

Back
Top Bottom