Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Flu shots yearly - no reaction and no flu. Hope that I have not just jinxed us. We both have gotten the pneumonia shot. Started after the Princess had pneumonia. Shingles haven't done that yet. Grand daughter with Lupus got shingles. It has left her deaf in her left ear and with neurological twitches. Doctors are not certain if this is permanent or not. :barnie :he

Flu shots yearly - no reaction and no flu. Hope that I have not just jinxed us. We both have gotten the pneumonia shot. Started after the Princess had pneumonia. Shingles haven't done that yet. Grand daughter with Lupus got shingles. It has left her deaf in her left ear and with neurological twitches. Doctors are not certain if this is permanent or not. :barnie :he
Well.. I liked that post but a big DISLIKE to the deafness in the ear :(
And dislike to princess having pneumonia. That is horrible I know.

Back from the show! There were only a couple Call drakes for sale, none of them a color I wanted, and then it was pretty much just random chickens, so nothing I was interested in.

That did not, however, stop me from leaving with some new birds.

I can't get good pictures in the lighting in the garage, but:

24maYQjDTbZduXkMyYicD0qNBewc4xQHurpzumAMefqe0dXAhowyYdm_Lvu6QOJnEic47HMP-6BGbYZFfCje5SOlLkNbrMNLelvqq5f1GvyIJGgoI6vHT81YSrfWVbgsWy-ZuW3GcV1yH5_1-lx0aMbvjM8tnTvdEim9vX95iVRJ0cNzkOCa2N7cWskCnY2Z3mmLhnIRdZF-1zJr5Gu61BvXKWZVVmH5PeuTRCo2ergf1fv38o1vC1lhVUFZ_MzJDWM-4HiLUpItsZJ37tCBQBFCfhBcQzoIzIya2WppHzXWYJfs95RIHr6JQsyHGfarDbsR5RkReupX8M0axWqTadNS6Zn9nT2nf5R_k5zTFfn6Wq9QbydL328pIjrFuwIgIx8LWs-GJ4PaReMHa37566Ypqt8nMX3HwJ5RUYq283rzrssodJDEQq52NgVGcvCkGM6wa8DJOeOwbTXrcxBd1Z77BTWbeXr9j7XAwwp9Dd0HHBfAXG7EGYsFhU6H0HsG0YPeu1of9ZY6ag83Cr_qmjY7L8HNGpAkQctmu9ZypiK4YY-OIt1ZUSQHdZZKCiJSTGo012BwQiuPxwyk-eRYURNHZCXASoGo4O3MpgQ0dxLZV6D1O2ltqZuROD8bhzzSu_lg-cB0ObWKqc60g1cHGDM7=w986-h657-no

These guys are practically green, they have so much beautiful sheen. Black east indies. I figured they'd be no more work than the Calls, so why not?

Also, I'd been thinking about getting back into regular-sized ducks since I decided to stop with the welsh harlequins, and that leads me to these:

7jJqzKe48fwsFXqcHgLnzkl_AA12Dn7beG1nUdk-xQgR_9Mhmn9V-FQ74xd2yosA_ImY4gvuVXTns51jjQeS6zi1gV4_NnQxG4NIe5V8e3gI97zX_vkNeORmoydgDgXCgk6wxIxg7afSj3FdZwFh6e8Xswb9MQRSsuFkD4FbH0JLOV9Z7uGLTprBO6lr58OypBOFM0TswIlM4GC_pHPIqHvfKLazebh_ogLvydi28J49jRSWUQva1Seickp7Op-dsDerFBGBDl6oiJcFqgsQsbN-WuoQ1ykJ3Hv1Yo14CD8GLEfvlJ0Vtw5tM5-O-oLtoazqX_Pr-6WGLQdnTdiiw8KG19v6PDUVd0QyK00KcLGh6J_RAS8XoaOXYzAtxqN0cEucHliAJae34R1ZLW7CnkrFcrt0YEG70U8KoyRcvBLGcHNwBgPdFcGJSVHz4kVWpF6wvOa-YhzDAGQ7LJsEAk5O9ncvv4j-zOIaxTcEGIPWyAvoLJ-qvmEV8ufJX4vm5sxj5-5nrTDLswJOALe_fQ_MUutqt3k8Yt_D1Wd9JPt5kn-8C_IB5DmbBhqBzTCugJo3bB52pNfNd8c173fmrT3SIcS_SvpRGgOKt-SORvjlKsqRHb3UGwsacvu2V3c5QN_-911WJY3SNlYDpxfcL4Jl=w986-h657-no

A pair of cayugas. Again, the photo does them no justice. I'm going to have to get pictures in the daylight. The father of the drake took best medium class duck at the show today.

I'm now looking forward to black eggs, both large and tiny :)
:wee:clap:clap:clap
Pretty duckies!! I know I can never get a picture that really shows how pretty mine are either :hmm

:hugs
I have skipped a couple years of flu shots. Always had to get them when I worked at the hospital. Mandatory all employees. But I never got the flu either. I think I’ll go the rite aid or cvs this year and get one.

Well.. I liked that post but a big DISLIKE to the deafness in the ear :(
And dislike to princess having pneumonia. That is horrible I know.

I know that guys can be bad about going to the doctor, but I had to drag her there. Doctor asked her why she was there. She said somewhat snarkily, "George thinks that I have pneumonia." He listened to her chest, and said, "Well, you do." :yesss:

Yeah as for Jennifer - this whole Lupus thing is hateful.

Musical chicken coops today.
Just moved 6 bantam cochin cockerels out of my main cochin pen, and moved them to a bachelor pen, opened up when I moved the 2 remaining BCM girls in with the CLs (eventual olive eggers! Yay)
I thought I had more young dudes, but couldn’t pick them all out in the dark. Young cockerel combs can be about the same size as older hens. But I’m glad to get a few moved.
F2EDE681-09F4-45CA-B719-3C88CB870824.jpeg

So I'm sitting here looking at the BYC home page with the picture they're using for their Selling Eggs featured thread going "I'm about 90% sure that's my picture." Did some looking and yep, that IS my picture, lol.
:th
We a dislike button..:(
I hope its not permanent .. she's been through too much already..:hugs

Musical chicken coops today.
Just moved 6 bantam cochin cockerels out of my main cochin pen, and moved them to a bachelor pen, opened up when I moved the 2 remaining BCM girls in with the CLs (eventual olive eggers! Yay)
I thought I had more young dudes, but couldn’t pick them all out in the dark. Young cockerel combs can be about the same size as older hens. But I’m glad to get a few moved.
View attachment 1593811
Speaking of BCM girls, when your two were new layers were their eggs' color several shades lighter than than the normal dark brown BCM egg? I'm pretty sure that one of mine is laying, 'cause the egg is pretty small; 'bout like my Buff girls. The color is about what I got out of my RSL's.

Basically May's Coherts are all resigning and her political enemies are in the middle of a coup.
They say the military is getting ready in case peace needs to be kept......:eek:
Thanks,
Almost seam like a contradiction. Military used to keep peace.:oops::duc Never saw a military vehicle with “to protect and serve written on it” Sometimes I think they should.

Good Sunday pond :frowI hate Huges net :mad:Looking for better just ain't none. Thought I'd pop in before I headed to the flea market . Think if I sell most everything today, I'll not go for a bit . That is if the people I've told I'd buy part of their flocks, don't get them caught and call me . It takes a lot to work a flea market with chickens and eggs . Bad enough just selling mine :thI some times feel like a rat on a wheel chasing cheese . You know catch a nibble but miss the big bite .:lauI went to a auction and don't even know what kind or how much junk I bought . I'll find out when I unload the boxes from the trailer . I went for a portable building and a little green house , Didn't get either one of those .The building was rotten and so was green house .:( My trailer is full and had to unload the truck to take Ben to McDonalds .I was sure all I was doing was scratching my head View attachment 1593248 .:lau :lauWorse I let DW pay the bill ,while I went to get the big truck . :idunno:frow:frow:frow:frow

It will be like Christmas... going through whatever it is that you bought.

I haven't heard one shot this whole season.
Although there are a lot of people like me that just sick to a crossbow as long distance shots here aren't common.
Wife works at the store.... she said no one is getting much. I think a lot of the deer are hunkered down behind my house in the thick pines where no one hunts at all.
Heck I've only sat twice so far.... and not at all since I shot the doe.
Hoping my lungs are good to go tomorrow so I can hunt. View attachment 1593303Just found out we are in the middle of the new CWD surveillance zone......:hmm

:oops: nasty... that CWD

I think if a person is fairly young (I realize that "young" is a relative term) and healthy, influenza is not going to kill them. My step-dad, however gets the flu shot and has two pneumonia shots (I don't know if those are one-time shots or he gets them every year) because of his lung damage from his foundry work. Either influenza or pneumonia will kill him. I don't get a shot every year - depends on my mood, I guess. But this year I will get one. My mom has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and will likely need radiation or chemo. Since I work in a Petri dish, I will get the flu shot so I don't drag anything home to her. I may need to take her to treatments and such, so I don't want to take chances on exposing her to it.

:hugs

Hope it was caught early enough that it will be relatively easy to get rid of.

Never know about these things. My mom and grandmother both had it. Both made it through just fine. And treatment sure has gotten better. My grandmother had more treatment needed, as well as a full mastectomy. My mom only needed a 6 week treatment and a lumpectomy.

Turns out that there are different kinds too... and some are easier to treat than others. :idunno My aunt just found out that her body was about to produce breast cancer (like her sister/my mom) and they found out by a blood test. She just has to take pills for a few years I think. Crazy cool.

Anyway... good luck. Stressful when your mom is involved. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom