Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I'm a mix my own spice kinda girl too.

I got my 1st batch of pickled quail eggs all wrong this past year. It didn't help that I used balsamic vinegar & crammed them all in one huge jar. Between the bad peel job, the red spices & the black vinegar, the jar looked like something from an old RKO movie.

The taste & texture was weird too, almost like blue cheese (which I'm not a fan of.) DH said he would eat them if he had to, but wouldn't be snacking on them on purpose. I eventually threw them out & so far have been afeared of trying again.

:hugs

We could help you come up with a recipe for next time if youd like?

Finally finished peeling All the eggs :celebrate:

Isnt Mayo a required food group? Though deviled eggs can be made with mustard alone... but the may gives it creamyness. 🤪

deb
:idunno Just always looked at it like putting eggs on eggs with a oil chaser :lau. For some reason I am different than all my brothers and sisters . They eat stuff I won't . I have a delicate stomach .But really it comes from all the canning momma did . And all the other stuff we ate .Brains and eggs and stuff like that . Funny I would eat the coons frogs , and possums rabbit squirrel. But Head cheese chitlins tripe tongue feet of any kind . Have you ever opened the fridge to find it full of hog heads ? I ate peanut butter .So much that I don't eat it much now .Hate vinegar because the house smelled of it a lot . Dad got mad at me for not wanting to eat . Sisters and brothers laughed at me . I can't get past the smell . and I always smell my food .The stomach contents ,of a slaughtered cow is the most awful smell . I have yet to cut open a cows stomach that I didn't :sickAnd they wanted me to eat what held that stuff :sick Not to mention the texture is like the tongue. I have been to big hog killings where there tub after tub of hog guts . I had to help clean them things . And then smell them feet being pickled . But I love backbbone and kruat

If I cannot identify it aint going in my stomach have gotten a bit better older but I am cook
If I don't want it aint going in right... I eat this, I made this
004.jpg

:hugs

We could help you come up with a recipe for next time if youd like?

Finally finished peeling All the eggs :celebrate:
Seen the tv ad for the egg peeler deal that you just shake & get perfectly peeled eggs? Takes a couple at a time, People will try to sell about anything on tv!

Back
Top Bottom