Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

BTW,

Not sure if I have mentioned... with all of the covid... all 5 kids are home with no hope of leaving until covid is gone... So... they will never leave.

So I get to help kid 2 with college math. Ya know, real life college is closed, so no college tutors, you just do college at home with your parents, while you live in a dark lonely box. Ok, not actually that bad. I should note... kid 2 DOES go out with friends... they hang out at the beach and try to "social distance".

:sick

Barfy, whatever, back to math, I do get good bonding time with the kid. But math is so pointless now! Some of the stupid invisible irrational problems that I don't understand well enough to teach... my kid just aims his phone at it, and the phone "sees" the problem and solves it. You can hit a button and it walks you through the steps...

Then we learn together from the "cheating app" and try to do the problem without cheating. :rolleyes:

I keep telling kid 3, if he doesn't start working harder on his high-school math... he is also going to be stuck doing it in college. :barnie
Hanging out at the beach, in Alaska, in cold weather. What's wrong with this picture?

Good morning pond .Went to my niece's wedding 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Pretty large and as of yet no covid for everyone in attendance. I broke all the rules shook hands and hugged a lot of family members .I love my family we are huggers always have been .Being apart for so long has been hard on us all.Just had to hold my great nephew .He took to me right off and would not go back to his mother or grand mother . And watching the little kids play was fun .We have been worried ever since .Dw has been worried someone posted her not wearing a mask ,while we were eating .If her company were to see it she could lose her job.That is what the world has come to. Almost all of the people she works with are now working from home. And if what I noticed at the wedding .All gaining weght. :lau Worried doctor will chew me out over mine.:oops: Chilly and wet .Optimistic though favorite lure is a rooster tail.Been buying new ones
Rock quarry has some good size bass .Planning on trying to catch a few moss should be settling soon .So pray for all the good souls lost to covid .Stay safe get a flu shot don't egnore even the slightest fever .We don't get political health care .Off to buy some pipe to make some mini green hoops for the garden .Dw hse some late beans she wants to save again .:barnie:frow

Yeah we got snow here..... doesn't look like it's going away. Sorry folks I've been busy.
Ordered metal to put a new roof on my coop.
Trying to get my shop insulated.
Hi phil!
Busy here too so I've just been popping in and out. Boy, winter didn't sneak up on us did it? It came marching in stomping all over our autumn!!! Supposed to warm up for us a couple days next week (after the snow on Sunday of course) so hopefully I still might be able to get a couple final, supposed to be fall wrap up, chores done.

Good p.m. fellow pond paddlers,
Had to go into the "big" town to the north yesterday to pick up an item I had shipped to Walmart. WOW! Let the hoarding begin!!!(again) Limit on the purchase amount per person on most essentials and there were still huge holes in the inventory. The Covid here is so out of control we're all over the national news and I guess between that and the elections, everyone is stocking up and going into hiding. That was our plan for a while now. Probably only days away from a mandated lockdown again anyway (already back to masks and 25% occupancy in stores, etc.). I think they just dont' want to issue it until after Tuesday. Found out the other day one of the sons and one grandson have the virus. Thankfully mild cases and almost done riding it out at home.

Good p.m. fellow pond paddlers,
Had to go into the "big" town to the north yesterday to pick up an item I had shipped to Walmart. WOW! Let the hoarding begin!!!(again) Limit on the purchase amount per person on most essentials and there were still huge holes in the inventory. The Covid here is so out of control we're all over the national news and I guess between that and the elections, everyone is stocking up and going into hiding. That was our plan for a while now. Probably only days away from a mandated lockdown again anyway (already back to masks and 25% occupancy in stores, etc.). I think they just dont' want to issue it until after Tuesday. Found out the other day one of the sons and one grandson have the virus. Thankfully mild cases and almost done riding it out at home.
Wow, what an update.

BTW,

Not sure if I have mentioned... with all of the covid... all 5 kids are home with no hope of leaving until covid is gone... So... they will never leave.

So I get to help kid 2 with college math. Ya know, real life college is closed, so no college tutors, you just do college at home with your parents, while you live in a dark lonely box. Ok, not actually that bad. I should note... kid 2 DOES go out with friends... they hang out at the beach and try to "social distance".

:sick

Barfy, whatever, back to math, I do get good bonding time with the kid. But math is so pointless now! Some of the stupid invisible irrational problems that I don't understand well enough to teach... my kid just aims his phone at it, and the phone "sees" the problem and solves it. You can hit a button and it walks you through the steps...

Then we learn together from the "cheating app" and try to do the problem without cheating. :rolleyes:

I keep telling kid 3, if he doesn't start working harder on his high-school math... he is also going to be stuck doing it in college. :barnie

I feel your pain. DD1 is in her 2nd year of college algebra & it’s ugly. She likes to chase me around torturing me with ridiculous equations she will never use in real life. I spend most days running from her with one finger in my ear, the other hand over my eyes & yelling “LaLaLaLaLaLa!” at the top of my lungs.

What app is he using that sees/solves the problems?

Hey morning Pond do not pitty those who have to do algebra lost that with my stroke 15 years ago but there again old nothing school age here ..
We are having dry weather rained in early hours gone now click your heals three times "There is no climate change, There is not climate change

@Alaskan BE CAREFUL AL! IT'S MOOSE (are) HUNTING SEASON!

1604084589637.png

Back
Top Bottom