Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I did adopt a new black pug about a month ago, but that’s not him in the pics.

This is Riley. He was a starving, Mexican refugee that a rescue found near death. He spent some time in the hospital then DH & I brought him home.
View attachment 3187218
He’s a sweet boy, a little feral, only knows the couple words of English he’s picked up here during the last month. He’s a total menace, but I love him.
View attachment 3187258

He looks a lot like a vintage pug. Longer legs, snout not so compact that you can’t get into the folds.
View attachment 3187224

He's a cutie! I bet he's very glad you took him in, too.

I love calling him a 'vintage' pug, haha. Some of the current breed standards really messed with some breeds, didn't they? Bull terriers being another example, with their convex skulls. And show-line German Shepherds with their sloping backs that cause them issues.

0_Pug-then-and-now.jpg

He's a cutie! I bet he's very glad you took him in, too.

I love calling him a 'vintage' pug, haha. Some of the current breed standards really messed with some breeds, didn't they? Bull terriers being another example, with their convex skulls. And show-line German Shepherds with their sloping backs that cause them issues.

0_Pug-then-and-now.jpg
Look at the legs on this one. (Don’t look at the eyes. The eyes are a little terrifying.) 🤣
D104AC70-D4ED-4A55-B623-F0395E58C664.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom