Well, I Got My Halloween Scare, LOL

Laurajean

Slightly Touched
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I feel like such an idiot! I'm watching Extreme Home Makeover tonight on CMT, and I'm sitting on the edge of a stool because I was in and out from the room during commercials. I was kind of close to the TV, crying and getting all emotional. Suddenly, through my tears I see a GIGANTIC black spider come down on a web in front of the TV, to the right of the screen. I mean huge. I leaped backward, fell off the stool and tripped over a nearby box of tools that I had dragged out earlier, spilling tools everywhere and gouging my foot on the claw of a hammer. Panicked, I looked back up at the TV to see where it went and that's when I saw the spider web graphic at the lower right of the screen with the CMT logo. Imagine my embarrassment when I realized it was a stupid Halloween graphic of the network.

A side note for those of you who happened to have been following my "Irrational" thread, I of course thought of two things:
1. Boy, was THAT irrational, and
2. Where the heck was my aunt checking on me THEN?? I could have severed my foot, LOL. And here I thought I was Miss Independent.

lau.gif

Quote:
I can call you 4 or 5 times to make sure your foot isn't infected, or that you didn't get a concussion. But you better answer the phone or I'll have to send the garbage man over to check on you!
lau.gif
hide.gif

Did you ever see that one Orkin (I think) pest control commercial a few years ago where the roach runs across what appears to be your television screen? They stopped showing it because too many people smashed their TVs trying to kill the roach LOL
gig.gif

you must have one amazing television set...
runrofl2.gif

i hate small spiders... iv'e been bitten by black widows twice, and it was not a good experience... a week of not being able to use your arm is no joke... but i love tarantulas... something is wrong with me...

Quote:
I can call you 4 or 5 times to make sure your foot isn't infected, or that you didn't get a concussion. But you better answer the phone or I'll have to send the garbage man over to check on you!
lau.gif
hide.gif

My exact thought!!!!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
hide.gif

My exact thought!!!!
tongue2.gif

gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

God, you guys are closer to the truth than you know. I can hear her now "Oh my God Laura! You need to go to a hospital, you could get gang green, you could have a blood clot and not even know it, how old is that hammer? Is it rusty? When was your last tetanus shot???"

She thinks EVERYTHING needs a hospital visit.
roll.png

lol.png

If anyone called my father about me stubbing my foot over a seeing a spider (never mind a spider on TV!!!) he would seriously hang up on them.

I remember one time when I was 15 or 16 the police stopped me and a boyfriend walking down his road at night. The cop insisted on calling my father. I kept saying "You don't want to do that, he's sleeping". He called anyway. He said to my dad, "Mr. So & So, do you realize your daughter is walking down such and such a street with her boyfriend right now?" My father was furious and yelled "THAT'S IT?? What the BLEEP are you waking me up to tell me that for!?" and slammed down the phone. He told me the next day that he had said this, but all I knew was the cop walked back to us and said "You two are all set, carry on."

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom