Well, well, well, what do we have here? Feathered Feet 4 week chick!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kellykate, May 3, 2009.

1. kellykate

kellykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Yarmouth, Maine
    Ok, my Cochin Frizzle who we adored started crowing (at 5 weeks) and according to the town we can't have roosters. So we rehomed the little guy (boo hoo) and I went to get another little feather-footed from a lady who wasn't quite sure what she was. Any guesses? She said they were 4 weeks -- she is very cute but still not sure about me --flaps a lot when I pick her up. The other chicks I have are 6 weeks and were very nice to her -- no pecking or anything. Thanks for your best guess!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Such a cutie! Pullet. I should show you a pic of my 4 week old Cochin roo...his comb and wattles are so red it's funny.... [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Perhaps a Golden Laced Cochin?

4. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    I just re-read your post...Where's the forehead-smacking smiley when you need him?! [​IMG] Sorry, you were asking for color, not gender! On that, I defer to Speckledhen. [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Almost looks like a Partridge Cochin pullet? or golden laced?

6. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks just like my little girl's bantam partridge cochins. They're 4 weeks old also. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  7. kellykate

kellykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Yarmouth, Maine
    Quote:Hey gender helps too!! Trust me I take and advice on here I can get!! BTW my Cochin frizzle who we had to rehome had bright red combs and wattles as well-- pretty funny -- there was no 2nd guessing that he was a roo!!

Golden-Laced Cochin or Partridge Cochin -- sound like a good bet. I had looked online but it's hard because a lot of pictures are of adult hens or day olds -- not so many of them in their awkward 4-5 weeks!! So --thanks for the help!!

8. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    definitely golden-lace or partridge cochin, looks like a female.

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:agree [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by