Welsummer Cockerels, Breeder Quality ((GONE)) N. GA

Great to meet you, too amazondoc! And since that rat didnt come get his birds, she got to pick out exactly the cockerel she liked best for me to keep for her. They are handsome boys, these Wellies, and if I didn't already have such a Barred Rock crew developed and the Blue Orps on the side, I would definitely keep one and start a nice little Welsummer flock.
beefy, I'll PM you.
smile.png

Quote:
Speckledhen, unfortunately I'm way off in Alabama, so I'm no help to you at all. However, I do love this youngster! Is he one of the Bamachicken eggs that you hatched? If so, I KNOW where I'm going for eggs as soon as I manage to get an incubator and build another coop!

Thanks for posting this!

big_smile.png

Hey, you wont believe it but once someone did come all the way from Alabama to buy a coop-load of cockerels from me! Yes, that boy is from BamaChicken's eggs. They are nice, dark beauties. I had a beautiful pullet from her eggs once before, named Scarlett, who is now owned by rooster-red. Here she is:
DCP_7866.jpg

Here are new pictures taken today of the Welsummers. Yes, amazondoc, that second boy is yours, but he's a good example of the medium color. The first boy is very dark and also has the largest comb. They are very handsome birds! The last pic is one of the RIR pullets to show the deep coloring.
DCP_0419.jpg

DCP_0421.jpg

DCP_0424.jpg

DCP_0423.jpg

I'm not worried!
wink.png
And yes, they're all very handsome!
smile.png

Somebody really ought to snap up that biggest/manliest one. Hey, maybe he can be your flock master for YOUR new Welsummer flock, Cynthia!
big_smile.png

If DH said to keep one for ourselves, that's the boy I'd keep. I love his dark color and that awesome comb he has. BTW, today when I was bent over talking to my little blue Ameraucana girl, someone jumped on my back. I say, "Dutch, is that you?" I reach over my head to grab whoever is walking up my back and as my arms, holding the little hitchhiker, come in front of my face, I expect to see my goofy Dutch, Zane's brother. Who do I see? It's that boy you picked out, amazon! He's just talking his little head off to me till I put him down.

Good! That's exactly what I want.
big_smile.png

And I think your hubby ought to see the logic of keeping that handsome young fella for yourselves. You KNOW you need to start breeding Wellies.
smile.png

Oh, but that means more pens and another coop...we already need another coop because I hope to get a splash or black Orp cockerel to keep with his own ladies in addition to Suede. I ought to own stock in a fencing company.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom