Went to throw out egg.....

I'm hatching right now too and I know what you mean with them tormenting you. This hatch is doing an excellent job tormenting me!

Come on out and play little one!
fl.gif

I had this happen a couple of times. Does the membrane have a hole? Can you see a beak? If so I think it's fine, mine were as long as they were getting "air".
Good luck!
Krista

I made a little hole in the membrane when i made a little area in the shell for it. It has been in the air cell since last night. I AM SOOOO WORRIED!

I just had one do that! I ended up helping it zip because it didn't have room in the egg to turn. Just keep an eye on it and go with your gut feeling and whether or not you believe in helping them.

I had one like this just this week that pipped on the wrong end.

Just watch it closely, and make sure it can get air through the hole it has made. If more than 24 hours goes by with no progress on the pip, then VERY carefully you can 'zip' the egg shell. I do that first, leaving the membranes intact. Work as quickly as possible to reduce the chances the membranes will dry out while you have the bator open.

If then there is no further progress after another couple hours, you can try peeling back the membranes VERY slowly. Stop if there is bleeding and put the egg back in the bator for a couple hours and see what happens. By that point you will probably HAVE to help it out the rest of the way as all the opening and removing the egg will dry out the membranes. I've found that the more you 'help' the more you HAVE to help.

Peel a little back every couple hours, stopping if you see blood. I will peel all the way around so the chick can then work it's own way out of the egg when it is ready.

Good luck!

Meant to add: I cannot see a beak coming out. I can see a black area where I pulled the tiny bit of shell away. The membrane seems very white, though my humidity has been above 70 all night,

Okay. I went to check on it and since I have heard NO peeping, I opened up a little more of the shell. The baby seems to be in an odd position. It is moving and cheeping, though I acidentally tore through the membrane. What now?

If you tore through the membrane then you know the chick should be able to get air. It may be wriggling all around trying to figure out how to orient itself to hatch out.

I'd just put it back in the bator, keep humidity up and wait another couple/three hours to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom