Went to TSC *about the 6 chick minimum

Quote:
what if you already have 5 laying hens, 4 chicks under a broody and maybe you just want 3 more?

If you walk in with chicken poop on your sneakers you should be able to buy less
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Very good point, I have no problem with six, I rareyl buy less anyway.

If this prevents people buying chicken "toys" for their kids or Easter chicken or ducks , and I think it does to some extent, it is a good law.

Unfortunately our society became so rotten and upside down, that stupid laws have to be imposed.

Quote:
That would make me soooo mad! I would probably make some horrible scene if I saw that happening!
somad.gif
I HIGHLY doubt the feed shop we always got our chicks at would do that. They have a huge sign on the door to where the baby poultry are kept (it's actually a greenhouse!) that says "NO UNATTENDED CHILDREN" The people are very friendly, but don't tolerate chicks as a way to keep kids busy while the parents shop. The other place in town doesn't even keep chicks in the front, they're in the "employees only" back.

And Washington certainly doesn't have a minimum. It wouldn't work very well, as Seattle is practically a poster city for urban chickens! In Seattle you can keep up to three hens, no roos.

NH apparently has a 12 chick minimum law according to both Blue Seal and TSC. at least the TSC had it posted that is was a state law when i was at a chicken swap/sale, which i don't believe at all with local ordinances in many areas limiting it to 6.

actually, i just found which ordinance it is in case any from NH are interested.

437:15 Sale or Gift of Small Quantities.

Last edited:
I wanted to say that I have no real problem with a six chick minimum, but I do have problems with a company just lying to folks right and left. No other feedstore here has a minimum number of chicks you must buy, so this is all TSC. I have TSCs in three states near my house and they are all doing the same stuff.

The 6 chick minimum cracks me up really. It's good to know the legislators are focused on the important issues facing this country. We need a few more unenforcable laws.

Quote:
Miss Prissy, I've never disagreed with you or even wanted to, but this time I have to (hand trembles). I think regulatory agencies have interfered in our personal lives way too much. Recommendations make sense but no matter how noble the motive I don't think anyone has a right to monitor my purchase of chickens or restrict the number I choose to buy. I'd support getting around it any way possible. Sorry.

I heard on this forum that TSC was taking your Name, number and address when you buy chicks to keep for there information, what they meant I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows.

Back
Top Bottom