We're building a new coop too!! (lotsa pics)

debryman

Songster
13 Years
Feb 5, 2011
Joshua Tree CA
So I have been spending so much time looking at everyone elses progress on their new coops that I didn't even think to put up pics of our own until just now! I completely forgot to take pics of the progress of our run but here are a few of the coop we are attaching to it. We started the second wee of march on the run and my DH had it done in a couple days. The coop is taking longer...

79134_coop_004.jpg

79134_coop_002.jpg

79134_coop_006.jpg

79134_coop_007.jpg

79134_coop_008.jpg

79134_coop_009.jpg

Here are the girls waiting patiently to get in their new digs. They are currently in a temp shelter (old dog house) inside the run.

79134_coop_005.jpg

The wind is supposed to kick up tomorrow so the roof will probably not get done until Sunday. Then DH has to make the door and install some roosts and will will let them in. So exciting!!!

That looks AWESOME!!!! We're in the process also. This our second coop and it's added on. Our's is going to be red also.

Love the perches in the coop... it looks great!

wherabouts do you live? looks like you have some beautiful countryside for you and the chooks to enjoy
smile.png

Nice looking coop going up and the run looks good. However, I could not get over how beautiful an area you live in. I just love seeing where everyone else lives. You have some gorgeous views and I bet at night you can see every twinkling star in the sky! The view from your porch is so different from mine!

Hope your chickies get to go out and investigate the yard more when they grow up. They have a lot of places to scratch around in.
clap.gif

GREAT Coop!! I especially like the ventilation windows. I'm sure you'll need them in Joshua Tree. I've camped in the Parks many times over the years and really like your area. Welcome to this chicken addiction!!

Thanks everyone!! It's been so much fun so far. We are headed out to Home Depot for more 2x4s to construct the door and then will attach aviary wire over the windows/vents. Next will be roosts and finally the nesting box. I was hoping for a move in date of this weekend but may not be until next weekend
tongue.png

For those that asked, we live in Joshua Tree California (the southern Mojave Desert) and it IS beautiful. We've been here three years but came from NW Washington state where I lived for 40 years. This is DEFINITELY a change of scenery!! One of the best things about being here (besides the SUNSHINE!!!) is having enough room to have chickens!!
woot.gif

Thanks again everyone - will post more pics soon
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom