West Tennessee Thread

Hi I'm new to BYC and moved to Paris TN about a year ago.. Is there anything going on? Like chicken swaps or meets? I'm still fairly new to the area. Anyone have any info?

Welcome! I'm in Memphis. Have Speckled Sussex & Barnevelders. Wish we had a more active group here. The Mid- Tenn folks seem to have a lot going on.

Oh well that's cool I'll have to check it out. I figured since I'm in west tn I should go here first. So where do people usually meet? Is there a particular town? I breed silkies and have lots of other kinds of chickens.

Not aware of where folks meet. I met a few folks at the Delta Fair show last year. If there are organized meet ups I'm not aware of them.

Oh well that's cool I'll have to check it out. I figured since I'm in west tn I should go here first. So where do people usually meet? Is there a particular town? I breed silkies and have lots of other kinds of chickens.
I have recently moved here from Denver (March) and I don't know where people go to meet up or what chicken events that are around.
Hey there, I'm in launder dale county. What kind of birds do you have?
About 2 months ago all 20 of my hen's were killed by something that broke into my coop
sad.png
I am just now starting over. I have one silkie rooster that survived the attack and lots of new chicks. 1 week old, a new shipment coming next week. 4 Salmon Faverolles, 2 Golden laced wyandottes, 3 Light Brahma, 3 Buff Brahma, 3 Frizzle Cochin bantam, 5 EE, 5 Buff Orpingtons, 2 speckled sussex. Whew that's a lot :)

What do you have?

Last edited:
That's unfortunate, and that's alot of different and unusual breeds. But all I have is a small backyard flock of mixed breeds. Brown egg layers. The only pure breds I have are 3, month old barred rocks, and a New Hampshire red that just hatched out of the incubator Saturday.

For everyone that was wondering about sales and swaps. There are a ton of sale barns and auctions. There is one in Maury City, the next one will be in 2 weeks, I think.

I've got some eggs in the incubator. If you're interested in any chicks and your in west tn. Check Craigslist (Jackson Tn) and look up "Ripley Eggs"

Last edited:
Like I said, I live in Sweet Lips. I have two RIR hens and a rooster, an Auracana rooster, five buff Orpington hens, three Barred Rock hens, two Welsummer hens, and two which were supposed to be buff Orpingtons, but are speckled almost like a wyandotte.

In the next couple of years I'm hoping to add meat birds like Cornish Rocks to my flock, but right now I'm in the egg business.

Back
Top Bottom