west TN: Trade easter egg pair or Roos for hens

Carolyn

Songster
11 Years
Apr 6, 2008
I have 12 wk old birds from cackle via rural king. Too many roos! Will trade a pair of easter eggers or roosters for hens that age or older. First choice buff orps or barred rocks. Second choice: Astrolop, braham, cochin, delaware or any good dual purpose hens preferably who lay in winter and will set.
I have BO and BR roos, one old english game and what I am pretty certain are brown leghorns.

I live in Huntingdon. Reply here and I will give you my email or phone number. Pick up at your place or mine or meeting place between.

3-4 hens is all I want and I am willing to buy if we can't work out a trade. The EE are a cute couple but I really don't want to keep the roo as I only have one run. The OEG was agressive until the other roos out grew him, I think he will be a pretty fellow but again is not a roo I want to keep.

Choice of roos will decrease as time goes by, hubby is getting hungry.

I got 4 barred rocks and 3 buff orps hoping to have some hens and all 7 of these are roosters. Sorry, no pullets for you; no pullets for me. Thanks anyway, neighbor.

I don't need any roosters, but I do have 1 buff cochin bantam hen I need to sale. You are probably wanting standard size, but I thought I'd post just in case. She is almost a year old, lays daily, and has already hatched some chicks out this spring. I'm asking $8 for her. I also have some white and self blue cochin roos I need to sale for same price in case you know anyone interested. They are about 3 months old.

I live in Benton County.

kristy

Oh, how tempting! One can really get a serious addiction around here!
I have one run and a small hutch right now. Could she be put with standard chickens?

I honestly don't know. I've always liked my bantys so much that I've never educated myself on the standard breeds. We did have some black jersey giants for about a month and I always shewd him away from the banty girls because I thought he'd break their backs if he got on them. I don't know if the types of chickens you have are as big? So.....I really I'm not sure
hu.gif

Sorry,I don't need any roosters either,but I will have some young pullets for sale in a few months if you are interested. I am just South of Jackson.

Kristy, I think it would be very unfair to put a petite little hen in with a bunch of adolescents bigger than her. Thank you anyway but I only have room for one run right now.
Maybe someone else on here will be intrested.

Ginasmarans: what kind do you have and how old? I am really wanting to trade but might have some interest later on.

Back
Top Bottom